What was your favorite concert and why?

There was a thread started by Sonya asking what your favorite music was and a lot of us listed a bunch of great bands/groups and different types of music.
I stated that..music is like the soundtrack to our lives...memories and such.
So my question is...... what was your favorite concert performance and why? What about it stood out? It can be more than one concert.
Lords of Acid at the Showcase.

First time I saw them. Got to see them at their prime.

Seen them 6 or 7 times live.
Little Feat in their prime on the "Waitin' for Columbus" tour with Tower of Power horn section just before Lowell George died. Saw the Stones about five years ago and they were awesome, but still not quite as amazing as the Feats doing three encores, the last a 20 minutes long jam rendition of Spanish Moon with all the band members coming on one at a time and soloing, then jamming. The whole house fell down when Lowell strode onto stage and and broke into the song.
  • texcc
  • 10-28-2012, 10:18 PM
I saw Queensryche last year at the Majestic and was blown away. A big difference from the time I saw them a couple of years back. I prefer metal, but honestly, the concert that stands out , and I have seen alot, was Heart in 87 at Astroworld in Houston. Bad Animals had just come out and the Wilson sisters were at the top of their game. My girlfriend was so turned on she couldn't wait to get back to the hotel.
Pink Floyd...Division Bell tour. Full body concert experience...when you consider the pyro, pot smoke, lasers and all the other sfx involved. Just epic.
Was there, Sul.

Wished they'd put the laser on the huge dico ball (1/2 ball?).
There was a thread started by Sonya asking what your favorite music was and a lot of us listed a bunch of great bands/groups and different types of music.
I stated that..music is like the soundtrack to our lives...memories and such.
So my question is...... what was your favorite concert performance and why? What about it stood out? It can be more than one concert.
Originally Posted by initial d
initial d, Si...Well I've been to "RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS". There music always touches my heart! Well there words to the music...

When I saw you
I hope I get what you deserve
And this is where I find...

Smoke surrounds your perfect face
And I'm falling
Pushin' a broom out into a space
And this where I find a way

The stadium arcadium
A mirror to the moon
Well, I'm forming and I'm warming
State of the art
Until the clouds come crashing...

Stranger things have happened
Both before and after noon
Pushin' myself and no
I don't mind asking now...

Alone inside my forest room
And it's stormin'
I never thought I'd be in bloom
But this is where I start...

Derelict days and the stereo plays
For the all night crowd
That it cannot phase
And I'm calling

Tedious weeds that the media breeds
But the animal gets what the animal needs
And I'm sorry...

The stadium arcadium
A mirror to the moon
The state of the art
Until the clouds come crashing

Pushin' myself and no
I don't mind asking now...

And this is where I find
Rays of dust that wrap around
Your citizen
Kind enough to disavow
And this is where I stand...

The stadium arcadium
A mirror to the moon
The state of the art
Until the clouds come crashing...

Pushin' myself and no
I don't mind asking....

The stadium arcadium
A mirror to the moon
State of the art
Until the clouds come crashing

To you....

Led Zeppelin - Charlotte, June 1972 (I even have a bootleg CD of it)
Bruce Springsteen - Born To Run Tour, Charlotte, 1975
Led Zeppelin - Los Angeles / the Forum - 1977
Duh , it's F ing Zeppelin !!!
I was a stagehand in SA for about 10 years and like to say that I've seen everyone I ever wanted to see twice and everyone I NEVER wanted to see three times! Hands down the best live show I ever saw was Earth Wind & Fire in Toronto in 1979. They were at the heighth of their powers, had the tightest band ever, and grabbed the crowd by the shorties and didn't let go all night! Springsteen #2, Allman Brothers (with Dickie Betts but sadly not Duane) in at #3.
For me the most memorable was seeing the Trans-Siberian Orchestra at the MCI Center in Washington, DC about 10 years ago. The music was loud and made the bleacher seats we were in near the stage vibrate so much that the girl sitting next to me, who I did not know, said during a really stiring part, "I just had an orgasm." Apparently the vibrating seat got to her because no one wat touching her.
The best concert we've ever seen was my SO and I's first together. The 1991 Monsters of Rock at the Army Airfield in Mainz-Finthen, Germany with AC/DC, Metallica, Motley Crue, Queensryche and the Black Crows. Nothing compares to a European festival! The performances were outstanding as well.
Pink Floyd...Division Bell tour. Full body concert experience...when you consider the pyro, pot smoke, lasers and all the other sfx involved. Just epic. Originally Posted by sull36205
I'm a big fan of U2! i've seen them twice... once in '87 then later in '97. In '97 I had floor seats and the thing that was awesome was the band...Bono,The Edge and company walked past me ...I could have reached out and touched them! Plus the show was incredible!
This past year I saw Social Distortion and when they sang Johnny Cash's "Ring Of Fire" I was sing at the top of my lungs with them!
Hyper Crush this past summer was cool...had me jumping to the beat!! Plus I got to take a pic with the vocalist Holly Valentine.
Last but not least....Linkin Park (my all time fav) I saw them this past past August. They started playing "Bleed it Out" and without missing a beat they started singing The Beastie Boys "Sabotage". The crowd went wild!!!
U2's Vertigo Tour in Hawaii at Aloha Stadium in 2007...their last show that tour...

Pink Floyd in a middle of a corn field during their Division Bell tour....while stationed in Belgium