Rick's is making CL-Dallas worse rather than better

I was there yesterday, and was enticed to do a couple of dances upstairs by a young Cuban thing. I noticed that they have changed the carpet on the stairs and upstairs, and the "new" carpet is already stained in several places. What struck me is that the blue high back chairs that were used for lap dances are gone. They have been replaced with a long blue seat that can seat 10 or 12 couples at the same time, that looks a long padded bench, with a long backrest. They have a tan-coloured sectional towards the door where encounters were occurring. There 3 or so single chairs facing the fireplace, along the railing that overlooks the ground floor. In this way, CL-Dallas is becoming another Chicas Bonitas, Pandoras or CL-Arlington. Going are what little opportunities still remain for extras...
The comparison is atmosphere and furniture or service level?

Maybe they should hire you to tell.them.how to set it up for more extras so they can increase the chances of getting tickets or even shut down. How one gets extras may change but there will always be a way
Hate to say it, but as a Stockholder I'm less interested in private dance set ups, than I am management decisions that will be accretive to EBITDA
The comparison is atmosphere and furniture or service level?

Originally Posted by cochi13
The atmosphere is still the same. A lot of desperate Cuban women, who are like hungry lionesses in a den. The problem is that management is really keeping a close eye on them. I am not sure if this has anything to do with the unknown factor that is the soon to be coming club culture of Rick's entertainment. The young girl I was with really was ready to do what she could, and perhaps that is why the manager moved close to us, to keep an eye on her...

The renovations are clearly not over. The carpet is still overhanging the floors, and the edges still do not have molding. The impression I am getting from the long bench is that Ricks may have decided that CL is going to be a 2nd tier level Hispanic club. It is going to be furnished like CL Arlington. This means that the glory days of the old Cabaret Royale are probably gone. That club was appointed more on the standards of Spearmint Rhino and was probably built to attract the same type of clientele

I foresee problems if they go the route they are going. The only way you can make that formula work is to charge a high door fee, get rid of the buffet, nickel and dime every customer, as the typical client in a club like Chicas Bonitas is not spending a lot of money.

The place is becoming a fucking joke. The waitresses had the nerve to tell me that if I did not buy beer from her, I was not getting a table. I told to get out of my face. Little did she know that I already had any order placed through another waitress, and did not feel the need to tell that to her.
Hate to say it, but as a Stockholder I'm less interested in private dance set ups, than I am management decisions that will be accretive to EBITDA Originally Posted by Chung Tran
I am not a stockholder; I am a customer. The stockholders get their money when I pay for "club services". If I do not pay, they go out of business...

As for clubs being closed due to extra's, give me an example of where such a thing has happened..

The Executive Club was a club for executives. What happened there is not an example of the likely fate of any other club. They were closed because the Dallas Police were solicited with offers of prostitution on 38 different times. The same police passed through Baby Dolls, Cabaret Royale, The Men's Club, The Millionaire's Club, The Club House, Pandora's, Jaguars, Kings, etc, and never found reason to issue those clubs with similar citations, even as we were still getting extras galore in them.

The worst thing that has ever happened at any club was when a 12-year old was found stripping at Dallas Cabaret. Otherwise LE knows that things happen in these clubs. As long as there are no orgies on the floor, they tend to leave people alone. After all, when there was that Super Bowl in Arlington, some people in the same Dallas area very shameless and openly promoted the SOBs within the city.

If truth be told, the biggest enemy of clubs is crime outside the clubs. Two shootings in the parking lot did in the Fare Room; and if the same kind of violence there continues at Xtacy, it will soon be facing the same fate
Maybe they should hire you to tell.them.how to set it up for more extras so they can increase the chances of getting tickets or even shut down. How one gets extras may change but there will always be a way Originally Posted by oldbutstillgoing
It difficult to understand, if not to suspect, the opinions and motives of any man who advocates racial quotas for strippers.
It difficult to understand, if not to suspect, the opinions and motives of any man who advocates racial quotas for strippers. Originally Posted by Dr_Womanyzer
ROFLMAO. You sure your not another handle of WEC? You sure have the same lack of reading comprehension
ROFLMAO. You sure your not another handle of WEC? You sure have the same lack of reading comprehension Originally Posted by oldbutstillgoing
You call yourself old, but spend all your time fighting everyone like a juvenile. Guess what, I am not going into that mud with you.
Rick is free to do as he pleases with his highly mortgaged properties. Rip off dancers rip off customers...except me. If the hole in the wall bdfw will ever open after a 4 year shut down ill at least stop by. Maybe one and done and maybe not

It's kind of fun to opinionate though
Rick is free to do as he pleases with his highly mortgaged properties. Rip off dancers rip off customers...except me. If the hole in the wall bdfw will ever open after a 4 year shut down ill at least stop by. Maybe one and done and maybe not

It's kind of fun to opinionate though Originally Posted by Tsmokies
We opine because we are the patrons. We judge the industry because it indulges our hobby. We certainly do not sit at the board meetings, or presume to be entitled to direct how the clubs should conduct their business.

However, the NFL draft is big for a reason. The fanbase has a vested interest in what becomes of the sport they love so passionately. This case is no different. Some of us love this strip club life, and so we follow the trends and developments in the business with great interest.

Rick spent $65 million to acquire 5 clubs. He alone will decide what becomes of them. When his decisions finally become implemented reality, we, the patrons, shall render the final judgement with out feet; and in that signal act, Rick cannot begrudge us either..

That is how this world rolls.
Hate to say it, but as a Stockholder I'm less interested in private dance set ups, than I am management decisions that will be accretive to EBITDA Originally Posted by Chung Tran
Chung...that's just plain ole funny!!
We opine because we are the patrons. We judge the industry because it indulges our hobby. We certainly do not sit at the board meetings, or presume to be entitled to direct how the clubs should conduct their business.

However, the NFL draft is big for a reason. The fanbase has a vested interest in what becomes of the sport they love so passionately. This case is no different. Some of us love this strip club life, and so we follow the trends and developments in the business with great interest.

Rick spent $65 million to acquire 5 clubs. He alone will decide what becomes of them. When his decisions finally become implemented reality, we, the patrons, shall render the final judgement with out feet; and in that signal act, Rick cannot begrudge us either..

That is how this world rolls. Originally Posted by Dr_Womanyzer
Dr. you are 100% right. Money talks no matter what changes Rick decides to make. Been enjoying myself at CL for years, and know several good dancers that are still there and some that have moved on.

Let's be honest. The place has not seen updates for years and could use a renovation from top to bottom. If I ever saw the place in full lighting, I would probably never return.
Dr. you are 100% right. Money talks no matter what changes Rick decides to make. Been enjoying myself at CL for years, and know several good dancers that are still there and some that have moved on.

Let's be honest. The place has not seen updates for years and could use a renovation from top to bottom. If I ever saw the place in full lighting, I would probably never return. Originally Posted by BoneHome777
That is exactly what I am saying. CL (and Cabaret Royale before) has been crying for renovation. I hope that the long blue seat/ bench that currently is upstairs in CL-Dallas is a temporary measure. The old high back blue chairs are out on the balcony downstairs arranged in a row. They look more broken down out in the light of day than I remember them to have been when they were in the dimly lit inside of the club. Perhaps they are going to be repaired and put back in the club. Either way, lets hope the club looks better when all this work is done.

I noticed people working on the roof of the Fare Room in January or February this year. At the time, I asked an employee if that activity was signalling the reopening of the legendary Fare Room. It was evident that the person did not know what was going on; and it was not until when I read on this forum that Duncan was selling his clubs that it all made sense.
  • mb60
  • 05-07-2023, 06:52 PM
Went to BDD on Saturday afternoon and they are about to get carpet as well.