New to hobby / question

• PCD_O
  • 02-20-2014, 05:30 PM
Hey all,

I am new to the hobby (in the US), my experience up to this point is mostly overseas.

My question relates to US providers, but mostly interested in Vegas for now.

I will possibly be hiring a provider when I go to Vegas in a few weeks. I have read all the posts and I think I am going into the situation well prepared.

If I work out a deal with a provider, and we agree to meet for a certain amount of time and a certain price, would it be inappropriate or offensive to then ask the provider if they would like to join me for a very nice dinner before or after?

Here is the kicker: I have reservations for some very fine restaurants, these meals will be in the 200 a person range counting drinks. I would obviously be picking up the tab, but do I need to expect that if a provider wants to join me I would ALSO need to pay them for their time? Or is it common that a provider may be interested in a great meal?

My question is really about etiquette and if it is even appropriate for me to ask a provider this. I would prefer not to both pay the bill at dinner and pay for the time, so if that is not doable, no big deal, I will eat alone. I just want to make sure I am not offending someone be asking.

Thanks!
Just be up front with what you are offering and willing to pay. Every lady will have a different view.

I will offer this..don't be thinking that spending $200 on a lady's dinner equates, in her mind, to much value. Sure it's nice to go out and have a nice evening with a nice guy, but we are female.

We get to eat free at nice places any day of the week we want. Possibly not fair, but true.

That said, think out of the box. Maybe she'll go to dinner with you some nights in exchange for her own room...or a shopping trip...or an open bar tab.

Be creative and let her know you value her time and see what you can work out that makes everyone happy.

You can PM for some personal suggestions I have...
Just lay out the facts as you presented them. No need to think you will offend a lady if you are offering her a free meal at an upscale locations she may never go to on her own. People have to eat at some point, so I see no harm in suggesting a clock free dinner.
Make the offer up front. Some providers may be fine with adding a nice dinner to the front or back end of an appointment without extra compensation. Some may want some extra compensation for the time spent. Make the offer, listen to the provider's response, and chose from there. NO offense offered or taken in most cases.
And be prepared for a no, not as a personal or quick reaction thing, but simply cause they may have already made other plans for after or before. As others have mentioned, discuss in advance. And I add that this issue is more related to how far in advance to pre-book.