hotels gouging since Ida

ever since Ida all along I-10 its impossible to get a decent hotel suite to host an outcall. Mid level chains are charging no less than $200/ night.

is this impacting anyone else or discouraging incalls from providers?/
Yes. Many providers in Nola are outcall only at the moment.
I had to pay $300 last week for a quality hotel to host near I-10. Adds significantly to the cost of hobbying. Before Ida the same hotel was about half of that, so the hotels are taking advantage of the high demand. There were less expensive options in downtown NOLA, but traffic and parking is a hassle, so I preferred to avoid that and pay more.

i've been getting by with VRBO/ AirBnB.... though they'll get you with their hidden fees
and some places won't let you stay for only one night or be available the same day......
I have found in the past year and a half or so that prices have already been crap due to COVID and Ida is just making it even worse. I swear to god that cheap ass hotels are going for the rates that decent-ish chains went for pre-COVID.
thats why i am waiting to visit

sad face!
I already noticed rates were like that pre storm. It was real touristy here lately.

I was paying about 210 a night, 450 for 2 days, and 650 for 3 days weekend for most 3.5 to 4.5 star hotels in the cbd area for certain hotel amenities I prefer pre storm. Attach valet parking two that for her car and yours and it’s quite steep. I’d grit my teeth and bear it although it sucks because housekeeping and other normal services aren’t working as much due to COVID rules. Your basically making you own damn bed. And many places don’t have breakfast options they had pre COVID.

Can anyone be specific on what rates they are paying if it’s outside of what I’m paying?

Maybe the amenities I prefer have made me grow accustomed to paying this much. I’d prefer a hotel at 150 before taxes a night. But prestorm for about three months I was consistently paying on a average 180 to 300 during events.
I used to get full suites in the CBD for around 150 - 180. Not terrible. Now those same rooms are either sold out or going for $280 - 300.

I did an outcall in Metairie a month ago that was a shit place that I should've cancelled on principle with their shitty staff, but their "short staff" excuses provided
- no check in until 5pm ...
- no Internet/wifi
- no meals
- no fitness facilities
- no pool
- no housekeeping
just a basic room....$280 + $50 deposit. The provider flaked on me, too

Did an outcall in Lafayette earlier this month with a regular. No suites to speak of available. Ended up renting a AirBnB house for a night for $435 (great house...it was the $200 cleaning fee that fucked me)

I had an outcall planned for BR last night and the only place to get was LA QUINTA (it was a shithole one, too)....wanting $300 for a basic room. I ended up cancelling because I didn't want to wager that on a sketchy pair from StG

I wonder if any providers took advantage of the FEMA lodging vouchers and booked themselves hotel on Uncle Sam's dime.

I'm not even complaining so much. I get there are tons of linemen still working the River Parishes.
just checked on this again....
Had a basic room at the Loews booked in November for $280
The same room for those dates goes for $160. I went ahead and cancelled the original rez & upgraded to a Grand Suite, for nearly the same as the original reservation
Fucking RIDICULOUS!!
UGH!