Menendez and friends deny all...

It's a video report:

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_t2#...estigation.cnn

They are alleging that all or nearly all of the allegations in the sex scandal are based on anonymous e-mails.

I don't know how true that is, but if it is true, the whole thing might be a giant smear campaign against Menendez based on nothing but lies.
Is "deny" the allegations page 1 of the Clinton playbook ?

And page 2 is to attack/destroy the accusers I think.......

Funny, CNN does an extensive report jumping into the presumption that the story is bogus; without first establishing if the Menendez scandal is real or not !

Menendez was caught skirting Senate ethic rules; when caught he lied about it being an "oversight".....he is likely lying about his sexcapades too..................

But kudos to CNN for covering the port deal............
Is "deny" the allegations page 1 of the Clinton playbook ? Originally Posted by Whirlaway
"Deny the allegations" is also page 1 of the playbook of innocent people. So I guess that must prove he's innocent, right?

And page 2 is to attack/destroy the accusers I think..... Originally Posted by Whirlaway
That's also page 2 for innocent people.

Funny, CNN does an extensive report jumping into the presumption that the story is bogus; without first establishing if the Menendez scandal is real or not ! Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Huh? Aren't they one and the same? In order to establish if the Menendez scandal is real or not, don't you first have to determine if the e-mails and story against him are bogus?
  • WTF
  • 02-19-2013, 01:45 PM
I did not see the whole CNN story but it seemed as if they were saying that the sex was bogus but that in fact he did write letters to help this guy....something all Senators seem to do. There conclusion was that not many if any could withstand strong scrunity.

That is not a defense of him but just what CNN concluded...or is what i concluded they concluded.
Whirlyturd, not everything is about your hatred of everybody to the left of St. Attilla the Hun, though that seems to be what you believe.
If Menendez will lie over the little things; like "forget" to reimburse tens of thousand of dollars for trips on private airplanes over a 2 year period....then it is no minor leap to assume he would lie over sex with underage prostitutes....

But if you want to give him the benefit of the doubt; go right ahead.
Not the point. I was commenting on the fact that you immediately start bashing Clinton. Then bash the media.

I only assume the story is right on because you've got your Huevos in such an uproar over it. that's usually a good litmus test of any story ... How lathered up you get over it.

You assume everybody in this story, including CNN, is lying about it. and you're lightening quick to point it out.

What if you're wrong and somebody is trying to smear Menendez online.

That shit NEVER happens!
If Menendez will lie over the little things; like "forget" to reimburse tens of thousand of dollars for trips on private airplanes over a 2 year period....then it is no minor leap to assume he would lie over sex with underage prostitutes... Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Irrelevant.

Your built-in assumption is that EVERY accusation leveled against Menendez will be truthful. That is ridiculous.

Even people who are sometimes dishonest will still have false accusations made against them from time to time by other dishonest people. This is especially true in the Internet age where lowlifes frequently launch smear campaigns using phony and/or anonymous e-mails.

You are so blinded by your hatred of liberals that you will latch on to any scurrilous rumor about one of them - innocence be damned.

The ends do not justify the means.
Nope; the premise is that he was caught in a lie regarding circumstances of his Dominican Trips; so he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt going forward, on the subject....

It is a standard that is appropriately applied daily in life, by most reasonable people..............but if you want to believe Menendez is being honest despite his prior lies (surrounding the DR), be my guest.
Nope; the premise is that he was caught in a lie regarding circumstances of his Dominican Trips; so he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt going forward, on the subject....

It is a standard that is applied in daily life, by most reasonable people..............but if you want to believe Menendez is being honest despite his prior lies, be my guest. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
"Circumstances of his Dominican Trips"? There's a nice catch-all phrase that erases all boundaries.

You falsely lump in travel expenses and doing favors for contributors with fucking a teenager. In other words, bad for one purpose, bad for all purposes, right?

If Menendez was accused of padding his reimbursement bills for hiring staff, I'd say you would have a case based on padding reimbursement for travel expenses.

But if someone accused him of beating his wife in anonymous e-mails, then, NO, you can't support that charge based on padding reimbursement for travel expenses.

That would be like giving credence to an Internet e-mail chain accusing Bill Clinton of running a heroin-smuggling empire because - well, you know he DID lie under oath about getting a blowjob.
Beating his wife has nothing to do with trips to the DR...................your off your rocker.

The list of accusations against Menendez concerning his involvement with the doctor and DR are extensive; He has already lied about payment for the trips...it is obvious Melendez wanted to keep the trips hidden from public scrutiny..................

Believe Menendez if you want....................he stinks in my book......and your court room standards are a joke........this is the public zone.
Beating his wife has nothing to do with trips to the DR...................your off your rocker. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
A desire to fuck teenagers also has nothing to do with trips to the DR. If he is not inclined that way, he won't do it at all, whether in NJ or DR.

What if a new e-mail campaign starts tomorrow and says that while he was in the DR, he sold military secrets to the Chinese?

Does that now become more credible in your mind because it was part of his "circumstances in the DR" - whatever the fuck that means?

As for courtroom standards, I pity anyone who is accused of a crime based on flimsy evidence if you end up on his or her jury - especially if the defendant is a Democrat.
I doubt very seriously that Whirlyturd would make it onto a jury.
It is about presumption of guilt.....lie on the small stuff, and he is likely to be lying on the bigger issues regarding trips to DR and his connections to the dentist.............

Hey, like I said; stick with your innocent until proven standard...it is a bogus standard when a Senator is caught up in a scandal in which he already has lied about details of his trips..........
and you scream about everything. Does that prove the world is hard of hearing?