Will empty suit Rick Perry switch parties again?

Political scientists agree that the signs are pointing to Texas going blue again in the next few years. The DNC is starting to look at Texas as a swing state and voter registration drives are being organized. Jeb Bush said 2014...but I think it could be longer depending on what happens.

Rick Perry under Gov. Ann Richards was a loyal democrat and once managed Gore's reelection campaign in Texas.

But when Richards was defeated and the Bush/Rove crowd came in he changed suits to fit the occasion. Got to wonder if he will remake himself again to fit the coming change.
Sorry man, that's not accurate. Perry switched parties the year before Ann Richards ran for Governor in order to run for AG Commissioner.

He was a dipshit as a Democrat too.
Rick Perry is proof that Texas doesn't even need a Governor.
Rick Perry is proof that Texas doesn't even need a Governor. Originally Posted by Jackie S
A lot of people think the lieutenant governor has more power than the governor in Texas.
that's a fact JB. Only Delaware has a less constitutionally powerful governor. Lt Gov runs the Senate and determines the committees.
Thanks for the update- that's right he beat Hightower, Richard's Dem appointment.

His views were more liberal even in 2011 supporting "Hilliary Care"
The whole succession diatrible is a recent respond to Tea Partiers.

http://www.politifact.com/texas/stat...-supporting-h/
I'm sorry, Seeker. Wrong again. Richards didn't appoint Jim Hightower. He was elected in 1982. Richards was elected in 1990.
Didn't mean to say appointed.

I didn't realize he was in the ag office 8 years. I see him occasionally at the local coffee house, I should get his take...
Political scientists agree that the signs are pointing to Texas going blue again in the next few years. The DNC is starting to look at Texas as a swing state and voter registration drives are being organized. Jeb Bush said 2014...but I think it could be longer depending on what happens.

Rick Perry under Gov. Ann Richards was a loyal democrat and once managed Gore's reelection campaign in Texas.

But when Richards was defeated and the Bush/Rove crowd came in he changed suits to fit the occasion. Got to wonder if he will remake himself again to fit the coming change. Originally Posted by Seeker
I hope so. The Democrats can have him.

And the comment about the lieutenant governor being more powerful is correct. I believe that is a legacy of Civil War Reconstruction, which deliberately weakened the governor position. That is true in a number of former Confederate states.
+6 FU
+6 FU Originally Posted by MsJane69
Marshall? Marshall? Marshall, is that you?
I just can't see the state of Texas turning blue anytime in the near future. It is SO Republican right now with only a handful of Democrats in office, none at the top.
The longest serving and most successful Governor in the history of the state and the best you dimwits can come up with is "empty suit."

Perry is a lot of things; but empty suit is NOT one of them.
Damn straight !

But if we turn Blue - as the dimwits are saying - out best days are likely behind us.... progressiveness will fuck things up for certain.

Rick Perry is proof that Texas doesn't even need a Governor. Originally Posted by Jackie S
  • CJ7
  • 03-01-2013, 12:19 PM
fuck Perry.

The End.