Barack Obama is a "dithering" president whose controlling tendencies and extreme risk-averse attitude to foreign policy has damaged US interests in the Middle East, according to a new book by a senior former State Department adviser.

Don't blame me, I'm just the messenger. Instead of gaining respect around the world, Obama is destroying our reputation.

From the article:

The insider-account of the damaging divisions between the White House and the State Department comes as diplomats around the world wait to see if John Kerry, the new US secretary of state, can persuade Mr Obama to greater engagement on Syria, Egypt and the wider Middle East.
Vali Nasr, a university professor who was seconded in 2009 to work with Richard Holbrooke, Mr Obama's special envoy to Afghanistan and Pakistan, records his profound disillusion at how a "Berlin Wall" of domestic-focused advisers was erected to protect Mr Obama.

"The president had a truly disturbing habit of funneling major foreign policy decisions through a small cabal of relatively inexperienced White House advisers whose turf was strictly politics," Mr Nasr writes in The Dispensable Nation: America Foreign policy in Retreat.

The book sets out in detail how Mr Holbrooke, appointed with great fanfare in 2009, was systematically cut out of decision making as both he and Hillary Clinton, the former secretary of state, tried to argue the merits of engaging with the Taliban and the dangers caused by the overuse of drones.

Let's face it, we have a narcissistic, corrupt, dishonest President whose only concern is how his decisions effect himself politically. What a disaster!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...president.html
CONGRATULATIONS WHINY!

You may just have the the record for the longest cut and paste job in a title in Sandbox history.

At least you haven't expressed an opinion on any of these unbiased reports you post ad nauseum. oh know the ones that generally are accompanied by the unmistaken smell of your own feces after having shat yourself at the tragically alarming blog post, or newsletter, or wrong number on the men's room stall wall...in Salina!

guess you're looking to stay out of the corner.

Or are you?

I guess it DEPENDS!
I think I expressed an opinion, Assup. It's just beyond your comprehension.
I think I expressed an opinion, Assup. It's just beyond your comprehension. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
OK, I believe you opined that Obama is destroying our reputation. Unlike his predators who just emboldened Al quaeda, Obama has killed them off. Yeah, he's not popular over there.

Unlike his predecessors who sold Americas manufacturing base Asian markets, Obama has pumped up the Americs MANUFACTURING BASE ... Yeah, he's pissed em off over there.

You know, You might be the person (ahem) with the least objective analysis on What President Obama has done for our reputation.

Howmwere you treated in your recent travels abroad? Like the enemy or just another one of the doddering old fools from OZ following the guy with the umbrella on a tour of the Louvre.,, OK, the pancake houseman St, Louis.

Youmare so myopic should cant make an honest assessment of a story or take a position

"Tht pretty much disqualify pies you from expecting yourmvoicemto be heard in the forum.

GROW SOME BALLS AND TRY AGAIN,

You are embarrassing our country, Whiny! YOU!
Like I said, read the article to find out what a fool the President is on the world stage.
Messengers deliver information regardless of its political slant, whether it be conservative or liberal.

Shills claim to be messengers but aren't because of the one sided slant that their chosen masters feed to them. This all the while claiming everyone else is in someone's pocket.
But then you knew that.

Shill.

Don't blame me, I'm just the messenger. Instead of gaining respect around the world, Obama is destroying our reputation.

From the article:

The insider-account of the damaging divisions between the White House and the State Department comes as diplomats around the world wait to see if John Kerry, the new US secretary of state, can persuade Mr Obama to greater engagement on Syria, Egypt and the wider Middle East.
Vali Nasr, a university professor who was seconded in 2009 to work with Richard Holbrooke, Mr Obama's special envoy to Afghanistan and Pakistan, records his profound disillusion at how a "Berlin Wall" of domestic-focused advisers was erected to protect Mr Obama.

"The president had a truly disturbing habit of funneling major foreign policy decisions through a small cabal of relatively inexperienced White House advisers whose turf was strictly politics," Mr Nasr writes in The Dispensable Nation: America Foreign policy in Retreat.

The book sets out in detail how Mr Holbrooke, appointed with great fanfare in 2009, was systematically cut out of decision making as both he and Hillary Clinton, the former secretary of state, tried to argue the merits of engaging with the Taliban and the dangers caused by the overuse of drones.

Let's face it, we have a narcissistic, corrupt, dishonest President whose only concern is how his decisions effect himself politically. What a disaster!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...president.html Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
I spent a fair amount of time abroad during the Bush Administration as well as the Obama Administration.

Empirically, I can say YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT Whiny!

Also, since when have you expressed any concern over America's image on the world stage? Oh yeah, since Obama became POTUS.

Factually, I can say YOU'RE A DISINGENUOUS SACK OF SHIT, Whiny!
Again, you lie, Assup. Bush did a lot of damage to our reputation overseas. Obama is just continuing what Bush started. As Obama is doing with most of his policies.

Again, you lie, Assup. Bush did a lot of damage to our reputation overseas. Obama is just continuing what Bush started. As Obama is doing with most of his policies. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Oddly, I don't remember ANY posts from you railing against Bush for this...

Were there any?

Again you didn't answer the question ... "since when have you expressed any concern over America's image on the world stage?"

Get out the paint brush, dipshit. We know where you're headed!
President Obama has done quite a bit to rehabilitate the US image overseas. Bush destroyed it, so there was certainly a lot of work to do.

I read a review of the book that your article comes from last weekend....it is certainly an interesting point of view. Does it lead any thinking person to the conclusion that Obama is corrupt, dishonest, a disaster, and all the other ridiculous assertions you make? Of course not.

Again, you lie, Assup. Bush did a lot of damage to our reputation overseas. Obama is just continuing what Bush started. As Obama is doing with most of his policies.

Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
COG why do you take the time to actually try and communicate with hamsters? They aren't going to understand you no matter how hard you try.
HAMSTERS?

Actually, he's known in some bus stations as the GERBIL WHISPERER!
Assup, when I started on here, Bush was no longer President. But I have repeatedly stated on here and elsewhere that GW Bush should face trial for the crimes he committed as President, along with Cheney, Rummey and a few others. Just as I have called for Obama to brought to trial, along with Hillary, Holder and others. Out of our last three Presidents, we impeached the one who deserved it least.
  • Seedy
  • 03-05-2013, 04:30 PM
HAMSTERS?

Actually, he's known in some bus stations as the GERBIL WHISPERER! Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Nope, have to correct you there sup, that title is reserved for fg, and timpage