Police State USA: Supreme Court upholds Secret Wiretaps

Guess who the bad guys were this time? Alito, Scalia, Thomas, Roberts and Kennedy ALL supported the Police State tactics of the Obama Administration, while Obama's appointees opposed them.

From the article:

The US Supreme Court ruled 5-4 on Tuesday that a group of United States-based attorneys, journalists and human rights activists, along with their affiliated organizations, cannot sue to establish the unconstitutionality of a 2008 amendment to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA).

The decision had nothing to do with the merits of the claim. Rather, the lawsuit was thrown out of court because the plaintiffs could not prove that the interception of their phone calls and emails was “certainly impending,” a legal standard never before imposed to deny someone the right to sue.

At the core of the majority decision, authored by Associate Justice Samuel A. Alito, Jr. and joined by the other three extreme right-wing justices—Chief Justice John G. Roberts, Jr., Associate Justice Antonin Scalia and Associate Justice Clarence Thomas—along with the so-called “swing” voter, Justice Anthony A. Kennedy, is an obvious “Catch-22.” Because the law authorizes secret wiretaps, there is no way to prove who might be a victim, but only victims have legal “standing” to file lawsuits, and therefore nobody can bring a case for judicial review of the law’s constitutionality.

Clapper v. Amnesty International reverses a lower court ruling that said the lawsuit should go forward, in the process narrowing the doctrine of “standing” such that virtually all secret government activity can now be ruled immune from court challenges. In doing so, the Supreme Court majority adopted the positions urged by Obama administration lawyers in their briefs and at oral argument last October. (See, “Obama administration asserts unchecked powers”)

Read more about this atrocity and the vicious attack on the Constitution it makes, here: http://www.globalresearch.ca/police-...4?source=mm802
Daer Mr. Atrocity:

Please explain how a public wiretap is going to be,effective in,deterring crime.

the only transparency you really deserve is a transparent plastic sheet on your bed so don't soil yourself in your sleep. .these conspiracies don't sleep. You never know when you're going to have An "Oops I crapped My pants moment."
See? The Constitution means nothing to you, Assup, does it?

And to make this even more fun, your favorite Justices, Thomas, Alito and Scalia, all voted against the Constitution as well! I guess you like these guys now, right, Assup?
Awesome, so now you only have standing if you were victim of a hidden wiretap that you're not allowed to know about? Heh.

Honestly, it doesn't surprise me that the conservative justices would vote that way. These days, Republicans (see, I'm excluding you Libertarian guys) always want more police power regardless of their claims to be on the side of freedom.
If I don't agree with your take on something, then I don't care about the Constitution? That's not true, but again your opinion. I believe in the system of checks and balances. you apparently believe in nothing.

I see you're well on the way back into the corner again on this one Unatard!
Then you really don't understand the 4th amendment. It's ok, Assup. With limited intellectual ability, we really don't expect much from you.