new rule sucks!

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=155613

Seems like the lawyers are running the show here just as most other businesse these days.

If I'm a provider I'd be looking for another site for my ads. If that happens I'll be looking for new hunting grounds myself.
Lawyers and our hard earned tax dollars working against us
In order to comply with legal standards, provider ads may not contain any mention of sexual services or rates. This includes the title and body of the ad AND the signature line.

Please refrain from listing rates or specific sexual acts (including GFE) in your ads. Also, please remove any references to rates or specific services in your signatures ASAP.

You may add links to your ShowCase (where rates are allowed), websites, Prefered411, and other locations to obtain rates and services in your ad or signature.

We are editing your current posts in these forums to conform to the new requirements.

Thank you for your cooperation.

The ECCIE Staff
There are a lot of things you can't do (like specials) on web sites and showcases. That's what ads are for in a specific forum. I don't think this has been well thought out.

It actually does remind me of orders that come down to the marketing department from lawyers who have NEVER sold anything.

I'm just sayin'.
Let's just put the site in your name RJ and then they can post things however you want.

I know I'd have rules to protect my ASSets if this were my place. IMO.
Maybe providers can start advertising WE instead of GFE...Wife Experience. That may be on par with how exciting Eccie will become with the new rules ;-)
I guess those of us Who choose not to have Premium Access(some of us have Legit reasons not to)are left out in the cold..Is aa sad day when some Old time members who stuck with this site from early on w/ASPD..are getting thrown to the curb.
It will take a little more research, and if I read right a girl could say pm for specials.
It is handy having it all listed right there, but some girls say see my website for pricing anyway. I don't think it will be so bad.
SA artman, if they do start running ads for the WE, I'm putting someone I know to work.LOL She'll make a fortune and never do anything.
Let's just put the site in your name RJ and then they can post things however you want.

I know I'd have rules to protect my ASSets if this were my place. IMO. Originally Posted by That.guy001
There's a difference between rules to protect the assets and rules that fuck up the franchise.

Can't post price? Get real. If you really believe that's game changer get in line for the sale of the swamp land dude.
I guess those of us Who choose not to have Premium Access(some of us have Legit reasons not to)are left out in the cold..Is aa sad day when some Old time members who stuck with this site from early on w/ASPD..are getting thrown to the curb. Originally Posted by Texasquest
I do genuinely apologize to anyone getting that impression. It is not our intent to make anyone feel left behind or thrown to the curb.

As for premium access I dont know your situation and am not asking for details but there are a few different ways to get PA.

#1- Send a Money Order. PM TBONE for details
#2- Write a review. This will get you 6 weeks of PA each time
#3- Visit this page and purchase it with a credit card. If you're like most you'll probably want to use a prepaid credit card so there is no trail for the SO.

All the info you're looking for can still be easily had. It may require another click or two but it is still readily available.
There's a difference between rules to protect the assets and rules that fuck up the franchise.

Can't post price? Get real. If you really believe that's game changer get in line for the sale of the swamp land dude. Originally Posted by rjdiner
RJ...it's just a hobby brother. You're wayyy to serious about it. You may not be hobbying enough. When in doubt, hobby more.
RJ...it's just a hobby brother. You're wayyy to serious about it. You may not be hobbying enough. When in doubt, hobby more. Originally Posted by That.guy001
I'm just serious about people who make uninformed comments and imply otherwise.

My hobby appetite has been very healthy and adequately sated. Thanks for asking though.
For me it is not a big deal if the ladies will post their rates on their showcase. It is just one more click and I usually check it if I am seeing a lady for the first time. For repeats it does not make any difference.

Being an old fart I don't like changes but usually adapt.
I just hope more girls start signing up for P411 and actually using it.

I can see where the staff is coming from in regards to this change. Rates can easily be placed in the showcases. If girls need to offer specials to get more clients, I'm sure they'll figure a way to do it.
I realize that ECCIE has it's own set of concerns (even if I don't fully understand them), and would never begrudge them the right to protect themselves. I also agree that most important information is probably still available, just a click or two further away.

But as a horny guy, I also realize that not all lady's have their own web site. Prices quoted on web sites, showcases, and P411 are often higher than rates charged for verifiable ECCIE folks. At the risk of being labeled as just another "ECCIE cheap-ass", I am a bit concerned that the new rule will limit a lady's ability to post different prices for verified members, established clients, traveling, specials, and so on.

I have never discussed price or services with a lady when asking for a date. I simply say "I'd love to see you for a few hours at such-and-such time".

No prices in ads + not safe to discuss money prior to meeting = more potential for trouble related to uncertainties.

It's a good thing I don't particiate in any illegal activites (such as paying for sex), or these types of issues could be a real pain.