How US Navy sailor spent a week hiding in a warship’s engine room

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-...s-engine-room/

crazy way to do this, hiding in a cruisers crawlspace just to get attention. He even got a good evaluation which he didn't see before he played hide & seek.

a user wrote this about the guy in article:
We had problems like that in the Air Force.
Simple solution. They disappeared - Permanently.
In the Navy, they went swimming late at night.
In the Army, they accidentally shot themselves.
I still remember the scandal when they found a sailor had hidden a young, attractive Irish girl on the reefer flats for over a week trying to get her to the US.

We had one idiot sleeping under the deck plates in the IC shop when we left Lisbon. We always did a man overboard drill upon leaving port and he came up "missing" when we took muster (he was one of mine). We took muster four times and the captain was pretty frantic. Dumbass came up on the messdeck yawning and blinking asking what was going on.
  • WTF
  • 01-03-2018, 09:08 AM
. Dumbass came up on the messdeck yawning and blinking asking what was going on. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
Did you order him back to your bunk for more spunk?

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-...s-engine-room/

crazy way to do this, hiding in a cruisers crawlspace just to get attention. He even got a good evaluation which he didn't see before he played hide & seek.. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
What the fuck? So rather than PUNISH HIM for being UA and hiding out, showing dereliction of duty, They reward him by giving him a great eval?? Talk about moddy coddling..

I AM GLAD I retired back in 2012.. IF THIS INSANITY is what the navy's coming to..
What the fuck? So rather than PUNISH HIM for being UA and hiding out, showing dereliction of duty, They reward him by giving him a great eval?? Talk about moddy coddling..

I AM GLAD I retired back in 2012.. IF THIS INSANITY is what the navy's coming to.. Originally Posted by garhkal
this evaluation was before he played hide n' seek on his ship.

I AM GLAD I retired back in 2012.. IF THIS INSANITY is what the navy's coming to.. Originally Posted by garhkal
Back on the ARK ( of which I was a " PLANK OWNER " ), we would have KEEL HAULED him !
this evaluation was before he played hide n' seek on his ship. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Then they should have done a RE-Do on that eval!
Then they should have done a RE-Do on that eval! Originally Posted by garhkal
this is the problem with the positive evaluations and according to the article its system wide. they hand them out like candy.

Most of the officers are still in "obama PC mode".

this is going to effect naval performance in a negative way when you hide or ignore things like that.

its starting to show that dishonest evaluations can have an effect on ship performance.
I got called in by my senior chief one time. He wanted me to rewrite all my evaluations on the people in my division. I gave my guys about a 3.6 on average but the E8 wanted 3.9s and 4.0s so he could compare the division with other divisions (his other chiefs). I refused...and that's when it began.
  • WTF
  • 01-04-2018, 10:29 AM
I got called in by my senior

I gave my guys about a 3.6 on average but the E8 wanted 3.9s and 4.0s so he could compare the division with other divisions (his other chiefs). I refused...and that's when it began. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
JD, you sure you weren't grading their cocks? We all know why you joined the Navy....free room and board, free education, free medical and free dick.
this is the problem with the positive evaluations and according to the article its system wide. they hand them out like candy.

Most of the officers are still in "obama PC mode".

this is going to effect naval performance in a negative way when you hide or ignore things like that.

its starting to show that dishonest evaluations can have an effect on ship performance. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Not just performance, but crew morale..
Not just performance, but crew morale.. Originally Posted by garhkal
ship performance includes crew morale. you didn't have to add to it. it was pretty obvious what I was talking about.

ship performance has lot of metrics involved.

short list of ship performance: there are some other ones, but those listed are the main ones
officer leadership
crew morale
crew performance
ship maintenance