Sears closing a bunch more stores

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/04/sear...re-stores.html

just read that story. it was kind of sad.

what most people don't realize that Sears and Amazon or alot alike in more ways than one.

I do think once Sears get its shit together, it might be able to challenge Amazon. might be wishful thinking on my part.

I think it made a mistake buying Kmart.
Saw this coming last year after they did their first round of closures.
meh... that was supposed to go the national sandbox...
I really hate to see Sears go.
Sears was the Amazon of its time but failed to capitalize on the modern way of doing things.
Online shopping has killed the brick and mortar.
Sears was the Amazon of its time but failed to capitalize on the modern way of doing things. Originally Posted by The2Dogs
Last three times I've done business with Sears they offered really shitty service. Lied to me about shipping costs on one order, and most recently, last year, it took over two months to get the correct dishwasher delivered and installed. After their shipping department sent the wrong washer, they couldn't update me on the status of the order. Home Depot, Lowes or another local appliance dealer the next time.
Sears was the Amazon of its time but failed to capitalize on the modern way of doing things. Originally Posted by The2Dogs
yes they were! couple that with a bad decision in buying Kmart (they didn't have the funds to update their store equipment which is from the late 80 - early 90's) and bad service.

Sears started out as a catalog company and like Amazon, they totally dominated the catalog market which was the closest thing to the internet 125 years ago. they went brick n' mortar 30 years later.

notice the parallel with Amazon, they're going brick n' morter too except that they are buying out existing companies.
Yes, how the mighty can fall.
Failing to understand that great service will often keep customers and that bad service will drive them off kills many once great businesses.
Anybody remember Monkey Wards?
How has Walmart been treating you guys?
How has Walmart been treating you guys? Originally Posted by bamscram
I seldom shop there. When I do it is only for printer paper and other office supplies.

Jim
How has Walmart been treating you guys? Originally Posted by bamscram
SO far, only had one item i've ever had to return.. A raised garden bed, cause we finally decided to build our own...