Navy to Name Aircraft Carrier in Honor of Doris Miller, First African American to Receive Navy Cross, on MLK Day

https://www.newsweek.com/navy-name-a...ss-mlk-1482893

whoopee.. names a black sailor for an aircraft carrier?

I don't think this brave guy was deserving to have the honor of a carrier named after him.

a destroyer or oiler or other ship types would have been fine.

I think to have the carrier named after someone would have to be someone who did significant things in policy. Presidents & Sec. Defense & are such positions to be considered. This includes significant events of certain locations (Kitty Hawk, Lexington, Yorktown).

This guy manned an M2 browning machine gun at Pearl Harbor, something he wasn't trained to do. policy wise, he didn't really change much at all during the war years.
https://www.newsweek.com/navy-name-a...ss-mlk-1482893

whoopee.. names a black sailor for an aircraft carrier?

I don't think this brave guy was deserving to have the honor of a carrier named after him.

a destroyer or oiler or other ship types would have been fine.

I think to have the carrier named after someone would have to be someone who did significant things in policy. Presidents & Sec. Defense & are such positions to be considered. This includes significant events of certain locations (Kitty Hawk, Lexington, Yorktown).

This guy manned an M2 browning machine gun at Pearl Harbor, something he wasn't trained to do. policy wise, he didn't really change much at all during the war years. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

today, liberals would court-martial him for aggression against humanity. i mean, clearly America forced them niptards into attacking us. they were just exercising their right to live.

America BAD!

BAHHAHHHHHAAAAHHAHGAQHAHAHAAAA AAAAAAAA
Sheet happens, eh?

And hoods...

What are they goings to name after yous, boys?
Sheet happens, eh?

And hoods...

What are they goings to name after yous, boys? Originally Posted by HoeHummer

#BAND
#YSSUP RIDER
Naming this carrier after Miller is a good gesture.
I have a whole class of ships named after me.
Sheet happens, eh?

And hoods...

What are they goings to name after yous, boys? Originally Posted by HoeHummer
Yous Shirley had one named after yous ASSUP...

Naming this carrier after Miller is a good gesture. Originally Posted by Jackie S

I'd say it is, but its over the too over the top.

its a similar thing with a insignificant twit like Harvey Milk who didn't do anything significant in the Navy getting named on a new ship, an oiler.
  • oeb11
  • 01-20-2020, 09:22 AM
Carriers - the latest class - hae been traditionally named after Presidents.

Subs after States.

It is an honor for Miller - perhaps should have ben given the Medal of honor - but that was not possible in reality for a black man in 1941.

Navy is playing politics on MLK day to wangle a bigger budget from the DPST Congress appropriations.

it is just politics to fool the gullible fascist DPST's with some of their own Goebbels propaganda.
Carriers - the latest class - hae been traditionally named after Presidents. Originally Posted by oeb11

naming carriers after presidents, sec. defense, and admirals is a fairly new tradition as that started in the 1960's.

location names of battles and events were named for carriers.
(Lexington, Yorktown from the revolutionary war) (Kitty Hawk, first aircraft flight by wright brothers) (Enterprise, not sure where that came from)
today, liberals would court-martial him for aggression against humanity. i mean, clearly America forced them niptards into attacking us. they were just exercising their right to live.

America BAD!

BAHHAHHHHHAAAAHHAHGAQHAHAHAAAA AAAAAAAA Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
Hey yous stupid fuck, court-martial is not a verb.

But here's a gesture for yous.

I have a whole class of ships named after me. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
Thank yous Seamen Scow...