Coming to San Antonio. Where to stay?

I am sure this has been answered before but if I could get some suggestions or even a link to a prior thread that would be great. I have been told staying downtown is not a good idea because it is not as convenient for everyone. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated as well as any suggestions for what to see and do while I am there. I know the Riverwalk is a place to check out so that's a start.
most would suggest North of or along Loop 410 probably between IH-35 over to IH-10 or Fredericksburg Road. Many great places along any of those roadways, actually all the way out North to Loop 1604 and especially the area known as the Med Center which many like for various reasons. Highway 281 seems to be a pivot point near the airport.
I worked downtown on the Riverwalk for five years and have never had a problem with meandering that way; however, many of the guys do.
I really think PMs between those you know and trust and/or suggestions in the ladies' area would be way more helpful and safer too.
i would agree with dennisrn. 410 and I10 seem to be popular spots. Med Center as suggested is always a good place because there are so many places.
most would suggest North of or along Loop 410 probably between IH-35 over to IH-10 or Fredericksburg Road... Originally Posted by dennisrn
You look damn cute, Traci, and I live on Fredericksburg Rd. I'd say, "How 'bout my place?" I'm on biz out of town while you're in SA, though.
Most clients do not like downtown.....but I used to book beautiful suites there all of the time back in 2009. The I-10/1604 area is very nice! I'm not a fan of the medical center even though I see doctors, surgeons, nurses, etc. who commute to my location. There are maybe two decent hotels in that area (wurzbach/i10), but not anything compared to the rooms downtown. I'd say, find a hotel in the heart of NW....nothing too close to sea world since the traffic is bad as you approach 151.

Have a safe trip! . You will love SA! The clients here are awesome. I don't like to travel to other cities since I feel at home here.

XOXO

A
I agree with Angelina. I love the Med. Center for its ease to access to just about every part of S.A. that I need to get to, but it is lacking in nice upscale housing/hotel accommodations. After all, most of the residents are relatively poor graduate/medical school students trying to get by until school is done with. Welcome to S.A. Ms. Traci! I hope you enjoy your stay.
traci thanks for this thread! I was actually thinking about getting away from Houston to San Antonio or Austin. I know about Austin and its nightlife, but not enough about San Antonio nightlife.
Babydoll go to craigslist. Tons of places, best places would be closer to the Northside/Med center (like stated above).
WOW! Thank you all so much for all the advice on where to stay and what to see and do. San Antonians are awesome. I got responses here, emails and PMs. More than I could have hoped for.

I did decide where I am staying but for obvious reasons won't post it.