Buffalo Sabres

• GP
  • 11-10-2011, 10:17 AM
What do you guys think about any aspect of the Sabres?

I think the coaches and players are ok.

I think their equipment management staff is the worst in the entire league.
I am not fond of the 3rd jersey they occasionally wear.
They overpaid for Leino and Ehrhoff, their contract length borders on ridiculous, there's no roster space for their younger defensive players and they still need a big power forward.
  • Tiger
  • 11-10-2011, 02:32 PM
Equipment Manager Dave Williams
Equipment Manager Rip Simonick
Assistant Equipment Manager George Babcock
Massage Therapist Chuck Garlow

GP- What have these guys done to draw your ire?

I just threw in the massage therapist because maybe the team is a little stressed and could use a good AMP. (At least that's what I see in their ads )
  • GP
  • 11-10-2011, 02:35 PM
Almost as much as the coach, Lindy Ruff. I will elaborate more later!
  • GP
  • 11-12-2011, 06:52 PM
OK, back to my reason. They do not know how to sharpen the skates. LOL

What? No one else has anything else about the Sabres?
go Bruins
  • GP
  • 11-12-2011, 07:26 PM
One thing I do like about the Sabres is when they play this song.

http://youtu.be/jsaTElBljOE

It's an oldie, but my favorite.
go Bruins Originally Posted by nascar88888

Last night Sabres won 5-1, tonight BRUINS 6 - Sabres ... 2

The sad part is that the Sabres ARE my 2nd favorite team
Enroth was good in the net friday night(Ottawa). After pulling Miller he looked like he was flat. Not ready to play in Boston.
It was a tough loss for the Sabres BUT like the commentator said they had a great 1st period
Looks like Ryan Miller has a neck injury, no doubt from the check he received from Lucic. Look for Zack Kassian to be called up for the next Bruin game since we obviously do not have anyone on the roster that can handle that thug.
Thug? THUG???? The Gentlemen Players of Boston can NOT be considered THUGS! !!!!!!!

Assertive athletes PERHAPS! But NOT Thugs
Lucic admitted he was a bit surprised that there wasn't a stronger response from the Sabres, who did some pushing and shoving as well as plenty of yapping but never seemed to fully defend their goalie or seek justice for Miller. Lucic said the Bruins would've handled things differently.

"Definitely," Lucic said when asked if the Bruins would've done more to an opposing player had he hit Tim Thomas or Tuukka Rask the way Lucic hit Miller. "You know, we wouldn't accept anything like that. We would have taken care of business. But we're a different team than they are."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TERA-GY2K1o

watching the replay thug fits
  • GP
  • 11-13-2011, 01:44 PM
I watched. Looks like Miller leaned into him a little bit as well. And then he began a little bit of theatrics after the hit.