Anyone Else in Hibernation from the Heat?

Today was a scorcher.. Beginning tomorrow, the next 9 DAYS are forecast to be All-time Record heat days. 9 consecutive days!

I'm going to hang a lot on ECCIE during that period, unless.. Well you know, sometimes I get dismissed for 3 month periods, LOL.

I can't imagine hanging out at the Byron Nelson to watch golf this weekend. No thanks! My Living Room is cool, and the Soda and Beer is close by. Hopefully the Mavs get to play Sunday. If so, I bet Dallas is hotter than Phoenix.

I have plenty of music to spin during the 9 days. Some Housework I can do at my leisure. Xvideos.com if I need female company.

I don't know if these are the end times, or Global Warming is making an early assault. I just want to get through next week.
Mavs will be going to Phoenix for game 7!

I was wrong about Dallas being hotter. I looked it up, Phoenix will be 105, we are ONLY 99.
But I bet we tie when heat index is calculated!
I had a customer from Madrid at my place today. He had lots of US purchases (Ebay, Amazon) shipped to me and I was holding them for him in my storage building with no AC. I left him to open all his boxes and re-pack them for shipment to Spain. About 30 minutes later he staggered into my office, his face was pale, he had trouble walking, could not hold his head up, and was not talking. I sat him down, put a fan on him, got him cold water, and blew air on him with my air compressor. It took him about 45 minutes to act normal.

Those of us who have lived here long enough are adjusted to the heat/humidity. But with all the new people moving in (30%+ from California) we have to be alert to the signs of heat exhaustion in new residents. If you see someone in distress, do not hesitate to take action. The one in distress will not be able to help themselves.
Good story, dallaswill. We hear the ''don't leave your young children/Babies in the car'', but your warning is valuable as well. Actually we don't hear the car warnings nearly enough. Maybe once or twice a year, and only AFTER a child dies, locally.

I bet as you revived the Madrid guy, you were checking his faculties, telling him to repeat back ''the rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain''
Yep. I just got done with one last hooorah!! Lovely one day and maple the next. It’s just too much. It’s more humid in my neck of the woods. What free time I have, I’m going to try to keep cool for a few months. I tried to do too much last year and made myself sick. The ozone problems are real. That never used to happen to me before.
Mavs will be going to Phoenix for game 7!

I was wrong about Dallas being hotter. I looked it up, Phoenix will be 105, we are ONLY 99.
But I bet we tie when heat index is calculated! Originally Posted by Chung Tran
Game 7 NBA home teams win almost five times as many as they lose. 127-25 if I recall.
Cuban will have plenty of time to grow his new pharmacy after Sunday.

Sorry Mavs fans.
Good story, dallaswill. We hear the ''don't leave your young children/Babies in the car'', but your warning is valuable as well. Actually we don't hear the car warnings nearly enough. Maybe once or twice a year, and only AFTER a child dies, locally.

I bet as you revived the Madrid guy, you were checking his faculties, telling him to repeat back ''the rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain'' Originally Posted by Chung Tran

I will bore you with one more story. Had a customer stop by with his Paki arranged marriage bride. They were in his 80's sort of collectible car. The discussion turned to should they replace this car and get a new one for when they have kids. They asked was the car "safe". I said structurally, sure. How's the AC? He said it does not work. I said a child in the car in summer with no AC. Tha's child abuse. They laughed but I was serious.

Yes, I did check his metal state. I knew he was OK when he started checking his phone. But he did stay in my office for 3 hours to fully recover. Finally left at 7pm.
What you guys whining about? I've been out there since before things have heated up. And i'm way south of y'all in the semi-arid zone.
To tell you the truth, I think the weather channel has been lying. I don't think it is as hot as they say but i'm acclimated to it. Being in HVAC, you gotta embrace the elements.

Buck up. If you think it's bad, you can always join me in an attic
the ozone problems are real. That never used to happen to me before. Originally Posted by B.Wayne
They are. And it's too damn early in the year to worry about that.

Game 7 NBA home teams win almost five times as many as they lose. 127-25 if I recall. Originally Posted by Joebillybob
Yeah. I hope the Mavs buck history, but only a Fool would predict it. If they lose by less than 15 points, I'll be surprised.

But he did stay in my office for 3 hours to fully recover. Finally left at 7pm. Originally Posted by dallaswill
I stayed 45 minutes in the Foyer of Chicas Bonitas once, ''recovering''. Different matter

What you guys whining about? I've been out there since before things have heated up Originally Posted by Precious_b
I'm not whining, I'm complaining. If I wanted to live in Hell, I would cut a deal with Satan in advance.
  • motor
  • 05-15-2022, 01:01 PM
What you guys whining about? I've been out there since before things have heated up. And i'm way south of y'all in the semi-arid zone.
To tell you the truth, I think the weather channel has been lying. I don't think it is as hot as they say but i'm acclimated to it. Being in HVAC, you gotta embrace the elements.

Buck up. If you think it's bad, you can always join me in an attic Originally Posted by Precious_b
Nothin like dragging wire through an attic in the afternoon in August

Yeah. I hope the Mavs buck history, but only a Fool would predict it. If they lose by less than 15 points, I'll be surprised.
Originally Posted by Chung Tran
Ok, I'm surprised. Major beat down! Half way throght the 4th quarter, Mavs up by 45 points. What the fuck happened to Phoenix??
Nothin like dragging wire through an attic in the afternoon in August Originally Posted by motor
Try firing up the torches and doing some brazing.
Just 4 more days in hibernation. Saturday will finally break this heat wave. But these next 4 will be super hot!

Yesterday was fine.. Plenty of sports to fill the time. Saw both Men's and Women's golf on TV.. Both winners were Koreans, named Lee. K.H. and Minjee, respectively. CBS, God bless them, had many camera shots of Minjee bending over.
Ahhem!! Minjee is British/Aussie. I couldn’t believe it. An Asian with a Brit/ Aussie accent. Jessica henwick is Asian with a Brit accent too. Instant boner for me. And I don’t know why.
Yes it’s hot & going to get hotter, u should have been with me in Nam, there were days
It hit 130 degrees.. By this he way i just got my second gift from Nam, Agent Orange
Strikes again Non Hodgkins Lymphoma Cancer but I’m kicking it’s ass!!! Just remember Agent Orange
the gift that keeps on giving (only 50 Yr since I was there)
Semper Fi