Harry Reid DEMANDS Audit of Federal Reserve

At least he used to demand that. Now he's content to sit on it. I wonder what's different?

Quote from Reid in the article: "I have sponsored legislation every year that would call for an audit of the Federal Reserve system. I offer that amendment every year, every year it gets nowhere," Reid says. "I think it would be interesting to know about the Federal Reserve. I think we should audit the Federal Reserve — it's taxpayer's money that's being used there. But we don't do that."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/ron-p...#ixzz21km1dhRG

http://www.businessinsider.com/ron-p...action_ref_map
No one would jump on the band wagon?
  • CJ7
  • 07-26-2012, 12:43 PM
fuck the Fed, audit congress.
The Fed has more power than Congress. But I agree. Audit the Fed, then audit Congress.
  • CJ7
  • 07-26-2012, 12:54 PM
add up all the pork congress shoved up taxpayer ass, and fed power is just words in a sentence.
You don't understand the Fed.
  • CJ7
  • 07-26-2012, 01:14 PM
yes, I do. Sure the Fed has more power. Satisfied?

outside of fed power ....

congress spends us into the abyss and the Fed plays with the # 's trying to balance congressional bs and keep the economy afloat ... while the SEC hangs in the balance with your 401 between its teeth

So do you support auditing the Fed or not? Or are you going to let the fact that Congress is out of control relieve the Fed of its responsibility to the people of the US?

I'm not saying this is your point, but it sounds like you are saying that since Congress won't control spending, there is no sense in making the Fed accountable. Let's just let them both run wild, rather than try to control one of them.
  • CJ7
  • 07-26-2012, 01:34 PM
So do you support auditing the Fed or not? Or are you going to let the fact that Congress is out of control relieve the Fed of its responsibility to the people of the US?

I'm not saying this is your point, but it sounds like you are saying that since Congress won't control spending, there is no sense in making the Fed accountable. Let's just let them both run wild, rather than try to control one of them. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Im pretty sure I said fuck the fed and audit congress didnt I ?

audit both , audit neither.

board fodder any way you cut it
Ok. I can go with audit both. Let's pass the Audit the Fed bill now, and introduce an Audit the Congress bill. I'd support both.

See? Just clarifying. It sounds like we agree on this.
No one can account for how much Congress is spending on its exclusive health club. That number -- like many others -- is hidden in a Byzantine-maze of departments and sub-bureaus.
Audit every single one as well. I'd like to see their net worth change between day 1 in office and where they are today.