Deactivate Accounts Without Login After Certain Period Of Time

Been noticing more and more accounts (especially provider abandoned accounts) that have remained marked as active without a login in years. Would be nice if they were just deactivated by default after a certain period of time without a login, so we don't attempt to contact them for a session and/or they can't be turned into a zombie account for malicious purposes.
Great suggestion.
I'm sure that deafears will get right on that... he rocks.
I agree
I'm sure that deafears will get right on that... he rocks. Originally Posted by Paulwantsya
LOL. I hope DE isn't handling this suggestion.
i know they lock me out of my account if i dont sign in after 45 days straight. I've had to send in info twice now to prove im me. Kinda sucks to go through all that.
Pretty sure it is automatic.

I am semi-retired, and have had to go through the full age verification process twice due to not logging in frequently enough. It is very annoying to have to do, but I understand why it is necessary, so I don't bitch about it. But both times, my account went inactive precisely 45 days after my last login.
Yes we need that to happen...Too many abandoned handles and Mandles...
M.M.
i know they lock me out of my account if i dont sign in after 45 days straight. I've had to send in info twice now to prove im me. Kinda sucks to go through all that. Originally Posted by JazzyJas
So, they lock people out of their accounts after just 45 days of inactivity, but they won't auto-disable any accounts. There is a difference between being locked out and the account being disabled.
Pretty sure Admin won't want to keep re authenticating accounts as much as these hooktards say they are leaving but come back 2 weeks later when they realize they're getting evicted for not paying the rent.
Pretty sure Admin won't want to keep re authenticating accounts as much as these hooktards say they are leaving but come back 2 weeks later when they realize they're getting evicted for not paying the rent. Originally Posted by rockerrick
I'm not even talking about those providers who ask for their account to be deactivated. That's another matter. I'm talking about those accounts without a login at all for 6 months or more. I gotta think if you don't log in within 6 months, it's a safe bet you likely aren't coming back.
I wish eccie would stop showcasing providers who haven't logged on in a year or more. Strangely, they are the hotter ones.
I'm sure that deafears will get right on that... he rocks. Originally Posted by Paulwantsya

you mean this one

https://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p...9&postcount=15
A small dot/flag next to every handle.
If you posted. Lurkers/LEO could be rooted out this way.

American flag/red white and blue in 24hr
Green for in the last week.
Yellow for in the last month
Red for last 3 months
Black for 3 months or more. RIP sweetheart, I will miss you.