Curious Minds Want to Know...

First off let me say that I work alone and this is not about something that happened to me, lest I scare anyone away.

I have a good friend that helps a few ladies make a living out of an apt off the Tollway. Earlier this week said girls each had a client in a room when beating on the door and windows started. Vice was upon them....loudly insisting on the door being opened to the point where a client finally opened the door to them thinking they were going to break it down. The guys were let go after running their license for warrants. No lectures or threats which shouldn't surprise me.

The girls were basically given a stern talking to about never coming back there again b/c they had been watching for a while and would continue to watch. Their pics were taken and DL info was written down. Of course, they were questioned as to who the apt belonged to and who they worked for. Eventually, They said the first name of who they thought had the apt just to get them off their backs (not my friend). What is squirling around in our little heads is why 12 LE needed to be involved in this. Nobody got arrested or ticketed. They didn't even tell the apt complex about it.

Something like that seems like it would require a lot of planning. The place had been closed for the week prior. They had just started back the day b/f. It just seems like w/ that many ppl involved somebody would be going to jail.

Just wondering what the masses might have to say about it.
Behind the first door - Dount party, behind the second door - OJT, and behind the third door "over time" with names of criminals to prove the value of money spent.
Um ok.....
Unless they had a warrant, they should not have been let in. No warrant explains the scare tactics with no arrests. As to the number of cops, they have no way of knowing what may be waiting on the other side of the door so a large show of force is common
Sounds as tho the perps they were after were not present. If one or more were in the apartment, everyone would be conspirators. Maybe SJ will weigh in here.
Possible "explanation" might involve the identity of the community police department. Sounds to me it is not a large city or the county.

Smaller community PDs often tend to use scare tactics to "clean up" (read apply grease to squeaky wheels) apparent issues and not follow established purely legal procedures since these PDs don't intend to prosecute, just scare folks into leaving town. e.g., problem solved.

ijs