china printing other countries currency

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/soci...ce-print-money

Hu Xingdou, a professor of economics at the Beijing Institute of Technology, said a country must have considerable trust in the Chinese government to allow it to print its banknotes.

“The world economic landscape is undergoing some profound changes. As China becomes bigger and more powerful, it will challenge the value system established by the West. Printing money for other countries is an important step,” he said.

my jaw dropped when I read this.

why would any country trust china with printing a country's national currency????
Why wouldn’t they if the price was right?

Maybe Twumpler should put a tariff on money printed in China,
interesting. i didn't know there was such a demand from a lot of nations for this, some not so small like India and Brazil to outsource their money printing. China is a newbie to the game from what the article said. the US, Britain and Germany apparently have been doing this for a long time.

given China's recent aggressive nature with the South China Sea as just one example, i wouldn't outsource to them. what if they "ransom" the currency? what would happen to that nation's financial markets? it would almost certainly lead to a collapse.
Why wouldn’t they if the price was right?

Maybe Twumpler should put a tariff on money printed in China, Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

you have a reading comprehension problem.

this is not about U.S. dollars. U.S. prints its own money and has its own presses.

why would Trump put a tariff on foreign currency printed in China? U.S. does not use other nations currency particularly one from China. some would call that counterfeiting.
why would any country trust china with printing a country's national currency???? Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

I know i wouldn't.. Just like i can't understand how so many companies open up shop over there, with the WELL REPORTED track history of chinese people STEALING Intellectual property....
They are printing our money in a way by buying our Treasury Notes. With cryptocurrency, the money is being "printed" without a govt backing it.

Strange times.
North Korea has been counterfeiting currency for years.
It's a counterfeit operation. China probably gets a sizable kickback for every currency spent that they made. I bet the fine print says "Printed In China", lol.

Jim