Sapiosexual

I came across a word today that describes why I have such a hard time with relationships. I want an incisive, inquisitive, insightful, irreverent mind. I want someone for whom philosophical discussion is foreplay. I want someone who sometimes makes me go ouch due to their wit and evil sense of humor. I want someone that I can reach out and touch randomly. I want someone I can cuddle with. I decided all that means that I am sapiosexual.
That's odd. I first heard of that word this last weekend! I'm kindof a word person, overall, and study words but had NEVER heard of it.

I wonder if we found it in the same place? I think that I found it on fetlife while poking around the site.

Interesting, huh?

Elisabeth
Hrm, intersting. I suppose its interesting that we all find someting interesting and sexually stimulating in our partner(s). I found that same quote on Answer.com EE. Did you go into the discussion forum for the topic? There actually wasn't much there sadly for a fetish that is about intelligence! One would hope there would be intelligent diatribes for/against it, not to mention the pun-filled comments haranguing those who did respond.

Where is our interwebz when we need it?
any history of the word?
dictionary.com came back w/ "Sapiosexual - no dictionary results"

but a quick google websearch [0.08 secs] returned "About 148,000 results"

but urban dictionary does.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...rm=sapiosexual

and here's a blog where the paragraph you posted is also located. good comments below the blog.
http://intelligenceisacurse.com/inde...1/sapiosexual/

there's even a facebook group page
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2908121034
I heard it about a year ago...But its been added to fetlife as a interest...Love it....Nothing like a great mink fuk for the soul...lol
I would certainly define myself as sapiosexual. Check out my sig for proof. For my little head to engage, the big head has to be stimulated first.

Unless you can suck a golf ball through a garden hose, and then we need to talk.
Iteresting indeed. I firmly believe that after the first 5 seconds or so of visual attraction much of the next step in foreplay is in our minds. Few things are more enticing than discussing the issues of the day, philosophy or even technical topics with a witty woman who can give as well as take when it comes to busting each other chops. Sex with a woman like that is usually off the charts because of the intellectual connection.

Sounds like I found a new term for myself.

Thanks for starting this thread ErotixElite!
I may have to join the sapios...new to me as well. But that indefinable thing...that makes a good domme/provider/lover/friend & that always hooks me in is intelligence. But more than that... an interesting mind at play...
Wow... I am in love with a word... Sapiosexual Sapiosexual Sapiosexual... now if I can just learn to pronounce it... or spell it.. or meet one... Oh God I am in trouble again....