Why is the Pentagon sending aid to Ukraine?

$350 million in military aid to be exact.

What a bunch of dumbasses. Either protect the non-NATO nation or don't.
Too little and too late.

Six months ago, we could have shipped in a lot of heavy stuff.

Now?
I thought we should have kept our embassy in Kiev and re-enforced it with as many marines as possible (Yeah, I know that is easy to say when its not your boy standing watch on the wall.)
I guess almost everyone thinks this is either a good idea or not worth talking about. I can think of so many more things we could and should be using those tax payer dollars on right here in America.
$350 million in military aid to be exact.

What a bunch of dumbasses. Either protect the non-NATO nation or don't. Originally Posted by DesWad

You seem to be saying, either put American/ NATO soldiers into battle or do nothing to help Ukraine beyond sending troops. You can't really be saying that, right?

It looks like Germany is growing a pair of balls sending lethal tank killer weapons and apparently has given their vote, along with Italy, to kick Russia out of SWIFT, the international banking system.

And the Baltic nations are sending their Stinger missiles to Ukraine. Reports coming in suggest that Russia is losing tanks to TRUMP'S Javelin missiles and attack helicopters being shot down with Stingers. Reports say that as many as 3 thousand Russia soldiers have been killed.

This is all good news UNLESS Putin really has gone mad and will continue till somebody takes him out to save Russia from total economic collapse.

Just heard that Putin is now threatening Finland and Sweden with a military response if they get "involved".

The big question now, how far do you push a nuclear armed country?
You seem to be saying, either put American/ NATO soldiers into battle or do nothing to help Ukraine beyond sending troops. You can't really be saying that, right?

It looks like Germany is growing a pair of balls sending lethal tank killer weapons and apparently has given their vote, along with Italy, to kick Russia out of SWIFT, the international banking system.

And the Baltic nations are sending their Stinger missiles to Ukraine. Reports coming in suggest that Russia is losing tanks to TRUMP'S Javelin missiles and attack helicopters being shot down with Stingers. Reports say that as many as 3 thousand Russia soldiers have been killed.

This is all good news UNLESS Putin really has gone mad and will continue till somebody takes him out to save Russia from total economic collapse.

Just heard that Putin is now threatening Finland and Sweden with a military response if they get "involved".

The big question now, how far do you push a nuclear armed country? Originally Posted by HedonistForever

I think the bigger question is just how isolated is Putin at this time. Are there any checks/balances to prevent one guy from pushing the button that could destroy their country? Or, are there internal forces that will take action that could prevent that extreme? If he has gone mad, is there anyone/process to "contain the danger"?
What's worth doing is worth doing well right? I don't want too sound too simple but yeah I think we should probably be doing nothing at this point. Ukraine was part of USSR, was receiving substantial aid from Putin and Russia for decades, is not part of NATO, and China has Russia's back on this situation. And I happen to agree with China and Trump on the situation.
What's worth doing is worth doing well right? I don't want too sound too simple but yeah I think we should probably be doing nothing at this point. Ukraine was part of USSR, was receiving substantial aid from Putin and Russia for decades, is not part of NATO, and China has Russia's back on this situation. And I happen to agree with China and Trump on the situation. Originally Posted by DesWad
Originally Posted by matchingmole
? If he did say that, which the photo shop doesn't show, why would he think that?
What's worth doing is worth doing well right? I don't want too sound too simple but yeah I think we should probably be doing nothing at this point. Ukraine was part of USSR, was receiving substantial aid from Putin and Russia for decades, is not part of NATO, and China has Russia's back on this situation. And I happen to agree with China and Trump on the situation. Originally Posted by DesWad

Say that around Washington these days and you'll be called a Putin stooge. One interesting thing about this is how both Democrat and Republican majorities agree that helping Ukraine with military supplies, is the right thing to do.

But since you seem to have information that I haven't heard yet, could you share with us just what China's and Trump's view on this is? Last I heard, China was encouraging Putin to go back to negotiations. Even XI can see the folly of Putin's obsession.

And I don't follow what Trump says because I couldn't care less what Trump says.

For a couple of weeks now on Bill Mahr's show, he gets all excited to report that Trump's support in the Republican party is falling

You're right, America doesn't really have a strategic interest in Ukraine.
... If he has gone mad, is there anyone/process to "contain the danger"? Originally Posted by 69in2it69
You got a Babbling Head of Cabbage for a President and you're casting stones at a President of another country?!?
You got a Babbling Head of Cabbage for a President and you're casting stones at a President of another country?!? Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
You mean ex-president.
Say that around Washington these days and you'll be called a Putin stooge. One interesting thing about this is how both Democrat and Republican majorities agree that helping Ukraine with military supplies, is the right thing to do.

But since you seem to have information that I haven't heard yet, could you share with us just what China's and Trump's view on this is? Last I heard, China was encouraging Putin to go back to negotiations. Even XI can see the folly of Putin's obsession.

And I don't follow what Trump says because I couldn't care less what Trump says.

For a couple of weeks now on Bill Mahr's show, he gets all excited to report that Trump's support in the Republican party is falling

Originally Posted by HedonistForever

Bill Mahr gets excited in the shower.

bahahahaaaa
You're right, America doesn't really have a strategic interest in Ukraine. Originally Posted by Levianon17

We do if Ukraine is just first on Putin's list. Helping to stop Putin in Ukraine is absolutely in America's long term strategic interest. Is taking down Putin in America's strategic interest? I would argue it is.

But it is not in our strategic interest to take on the Russian army at this point in time. No American soldiers in Ukraine, period.

Just an opinion, no big truth here.