Things for tourist in Des Moines?

of course I could Google information but I feel like the locals always know best. Most of the things they suggest to do where I live I have never even done LOL.

Any cool places I should check out in Des Moines? Any vegetarian friendly food spots?
PappaJohn Sculpture Park, River Walk, East Village, West End Salvage are some cool areas to go see. Not sure on the veggie spots but downtown will have a lot of options I'm sure.
of course I could Google information but I feel like the locals always know best. Most of the things they suggest to do where I live I have never even done LOL.

Any cool places I should check out in Des Moines? Any vegetarian friendly food spots? Originally Posted by Tierra13
Some good vegetarian dining,
Dirt Burger
Cheese Bar on ingersoll
Ritual Cafe on locust for breakfast and lunch

I hope you have a nice visit in Des Moines beautiful!
Oh wow! Awesome. These places sound great
Vegetarian - for food - ethnic places are always best. Open Sesame (Lebanese) in East Village, also a lot of small boutiques around there and a nice Wine Bar (Della Viti) on east grand next to a nice cocktail bar (lime Lounge). also kathmandu for Nepalase/Indian food on SE 14th st & Watrous, and also Panka Peruvian Food on Ingersoll. Des Moines has many sushi options from what i hear, so there's plenty for that.
Shopping, we got malls, Jordan Creek is the "hip" places, but the outlet mall on the NE suburb of Altoona has some decent stores.
The Western Gateway Park is our "downtown park". There are some shops, cafes, and restaurants around there.
in all, guess it's where you travel or stay near. it's not a major city, but there are a few things.
do you drink? I can recommend some places.

El Bait shop and the Iowa Taproom have the best beer selection in town. Talking hundreds of beers.

Winchester in West Des Moines is newer place that's really nice.

Wellmans rooftop in West Des Moines is nice.

The East Village is full of great bars. There is also an arcade called Up Down. Not sure if video games are your thing but it's a cool spot. They play a ton of old American Gladiators and pro wrestling on their TV's. It's similar to other barcades in Denver among other places.

I think there might be an axe throwing place now too.
Thanks for all these suggestions ladies and gentlemen. Can't wait to eat at these restaurants soon. I'm vegan so I would definitely be checking out these spots this month.
Do you know when you will be in town, maybe they will have a food festival going on when you are visiting? There are a bunch of great ones in the area.
I just reached out to you. Hope to see both of you when you get to Des Moines ...
I would like to show you some places