The inner strength needed to be an excellent submissive?

Being a submissive isn't something that a person choices to do because he or she is weak. Quite the opposite.

This would be a very good discussion, I think.
Sounds like the related question to who actually owns the "power" in a D/s relationship . . .
subs have the power, THEY choose to give the power to their Dom....to use the power and control to meet their needs............Having one CHOOSE to give your their power and control is a very big turn on for me, as well as a big responsibility.
For a Sub to relinquish the power and control, the Sub must feel he/she is trading it for trust as well. Without that sense of trust the Sub may not give up that which he protects. The greatest power a person possesses is the power to choose. A Dom only controls what the Sub chooses to give up and in that respect the Sub demonstrates a strength and not a weakness.
Teach me
For me being submissive is not so much about giving up control, as being willing to serve and please my mistress. Giving a woman pleasure is the ultimate turn-on for me, so allowing a dominant woman to fulfill her need to dominate me is just something I enjoy doing. I have found that I prefer having a woman dominate me to either me being in the dominant position or us being equal.

I still have only a small amount of experience with this, having had a provider sensually dominate me in a few sessions (spanking me, sitting on my face, forcing me to lick her on my knees, licking her ass, having me fuck her in several different positions and giving her multiple orgasms). We have turned things up a notch though, with her giving me instructions by text message to wear panties, place clothespins on my nipples, and most recently to tie up my balls (which I'm still trying to figure out.) And she has ordered me to wear panties, garters, and stockings under my clothes the next time we meet, and shave my chest, groin, and legs. She has also informed me that I need to train my ass, as she plans to take me with a strap-on next time too. So far I have really enjoyed following her instructions, and I do feel kind of a strength in being willing to do things I would have never considered before.
I tell my sub all the time she has to be a strong woman to let me have her.
She is my good girl.
Submissive's have the power.
Subs have the power to give to their play partner. They are giving trust that during the session their hard lines won't be crossed. In the end... the sub has the safe word to stop play and break mood.
This is something I would definitely want to learn
Until I found the web, I thought there was something wrong with me that I was submissive. I even was in an abusive relationship (yes, I now know there is a difference between this and abuse). BUT at the time I thought the abuse was because I wanted the man to be in charge (I didn't have the words or knowledge of the lifestyle at this time).

Now I do know that it takes someone very strong and full of substance to give themselves to another for whatever time frame is agreed upon.

Yes, the submissive does have the power TO GIVE within his/her parameter. Then both parties decides if they both will accept this. It is a POWER EXCHANGE.

Safe words are in place because a Dom/Domme cannot read minds.
subs have the power, THEY choose to give the power to their Dom....to use the power and control to meet their needs............Having one CHOOSE to give your their power and control is a very big turn on for me, as well as a big responsibility. Originally Posted by Ms. Athena

Beautifully said Ms. Athena!

When a lady subs for me, I feel as I've been given a very precious gift. Power, control, trust...and it is being given willingly to me. It takes a tremendous amount of courage and strength for a woman to do this and she automatically has my respect and gratitude by doing so.