Best Places In SA?

Hello Ladies Gents,

I am wondering what are the best area's to stay and eat are in the SA area.
I have never been to SA except when I was a little girl.

So I just wanted to make sure I avoid the seedy and crappy areas.
Great hotel and restaurant suggestions would help greatly!!

Thanks In Advance
If you are staying downtown (and have an expense account) I would recommend staying at one of the following (very) nice hotels:

1) The Watermark
2) Hotel Contessa
3) The Westin Riverwalk
4) The Hotel Valencia

All of the above are either on the Riverwalk or within a few steps.

There are also several nice hotels near the airport (Embassy Suites, etc.) and a nice Omni Hotel in the Colonnade (near the Medical Center).

Welcome to San Antonio!

-CS
You can stay near the airport and then u will be near Northstar Mall and lots of yummy places to eat. I think there are also a couple of places near La Cantera Mall. That is also kewl to shop at. Have fun!
If you are staying downtown (and have an expense account) I would recommend staying at one of the following (very) nice hotels:

1) The Watermark
2) Hotel Contessa
3) The Westin Riverwalk
4) The Hotel Valencia

All of the above are either on the Riverwalk or within a few steps.

There are also several nice hotels near the airport (Embassy Suites, etc.) and a nice Omni Hotel in the Colonnade (near the Medical Center).

Welcome to San Antonio!

-CS Originally Posted by Carnegie Steele
#4 Woo Hoo! V-bar at Valencia!
The Medical Center Area is probably the one I'd recommend first. It's pretty convenient to everything and it's one of the nicer areas. Plenty of hotels as well as restaurants in close proximity.
(The Omni in The Colonnade is a good choice)

The Airport area is not a bad second choice. (Doubletree is really nice)

I'd avoid staying down on The Riverwalk because it's such a pain for your visiting friends...although it's really, really nice and there are some amazing hotels/restaurants down there.

As far as restaurants are concerned, it really depends on what you're in the mood for. There are tons of good places to eat but imho, you'll be alright in The Medical Center area because there are all different sorts of places to eat.

Unlike The MetroPlex, San Antonio is a relatively small town and you can get pretty-much anywhere in 20 mins or less. (that's from like one side of town to the complete opposite)

**If you need a personal tour guide, I'm available on short notice. Please fill out the information on my website and include your screening information to make things easier. www.sofakingfununforgetabletours.com.org.edu.net or simply pm me.

Thank you and enjoy your visit.

Sofaking: Your site does not work. I checked. Maybe u can fix it so we can see it
Pepper, don't make me have to spank you little missy.
Well I wanna see this tour damn it!
I bet I know what kind of tour Sofa has in mind.
I second all of SKF's suggestions. Yes, even the spanking for Pepper.
Try the Dominion Area or Stone Oak if you want nice upscale locations.
  • Max
  • 01-13-2010, 04:16 PM
The meidcal center area offers lots of hotel options and dining choices from fast food to italian, middle eastern, thai, indian, sushi, and of course mexican.
Best place in San Antonio? my house

SAS
  • Chloe
  • 01-13-2010, 10:07 PM
My goodness girl you seem to be going out at the same time and places as me we should hook up Asking all the questions I have!!! Oh and btw, if you don't know already . . . do priceline and bid . . . I get 4 stars for 45 and 5 stars for 60 Well out my way . . .
  • oden
  • 01-13-2010, 10:35 PM
I think the Stone Oak area has the best restaurants and is easy access to the airport and downtown via hwy 281. The Riverwalk downtown is still the tourist mecca and a must see but the sidewalks and taxis roll up earlier than most big cities.