Hard throat fucking

As someone who enjoys a sore throat every now and again, is there any realistic risk to this type of play? I still have my tonsils so once a strapon passes that point my eyes usually bulge a bit. I assumed this was still rather safe.

I don't have a vomit fetish but being face fucked hard enough to make me throw-up is moving up my kink list.
as long as you're not using any mind/sensation/altering substances that might cause you to misinterpret actual pain as pleasure, there is essentially no risk with a strap-on.

however, hard throat fucking may leave your throat a bit raw and increase your chances of contracting an STI should you be exposed to it.
Yes, there are some risks. From mild tissue tear up to torn frenum if tongue ends up in the way. If you are the one giving it, never continue if the partner starts to show she/he is done with it.

Camille
As one that also enjoys, yes there are risks as already said, You have to know boundaries and could seriously tear your esophagus, I have and it doesnt feel nice at all
Thank you all for the tips and feedback. I'm usually the one receiving and I certain don't want anything "torn"!
Is esophagus tearing also a risk when FF with a penis?
Important to know when in a Dom role controlling the intensity of play...