Transgender Identity

Yesterday Katie Couric held a show about transgender. I'm always asked the question as to why a male wants to be a female and I've never had a real answer for it. As I have known the existance of transgender all of my life, the reason has never been disclosed. Her show did not disclose the reason but it did assist in the understanding of the emotions when one is 'trapped inside the wrong gender'. I just wanted to share this bit of information for those who are curious or those who do feel 'trapped'.

http://www.katiecouric.com/on-the-sh...transgender-2/
You have answered your own question. They feel they are trapped in a body that does not match their gender.
You have answered your own question. They feel they are trapped in a body that does not match their gender. Originally Posted by Lion26
somewhat, ,i agree. all my life (before my transition) i felt "wrong". And for me I never wanted to be a "woman" I just want to be myself. And as far as identity goes, its female, as for those who only see things in black and white, u can say I am a woman, but more so I am a transsexual woman. No amount of any change or surgery will make me a natural born woman, its closer to the mark than identifing as male.Im happy who I am and thats what matters most if life. As to why, some knw from birth some discover the desire later in life. I was born XXY, and my parents never even told me, I found out later on and it became clear to me, what I was feeling, the unhappyness, the misconception on every little thing. Before my change and proper diagnosis with gender identity issues, I was misdiagnosed with bi-polar from multiple personality disorders, didnt get the proper care until I came of age and found out my klienfelters syndrom, and a doctor with expierence with the issues, my life was a daily hell, i would not be alive today if I had not made the change. And ive never been happier!!!!!
I found the part where they could stop hormone growth, switch to the hormone needed for the identity AND reverse it if the person has a change of mind with no side effect reaction. Wow! gotta love science. I've never known why but I do know that my brother always wanted to be a girl since very young childhood. I'm only curious about being a boy.. I tend to switch identities while behind closed doors as opposed to wanting to be the other gender all day, daily.

@Lion26, it wasn't my question. It was a question that I am asked by many. I'm sure scientist will come up with an answer one of these days. I'm also sure that Freud wasn't right about everything.. lol
KristiKakes, So glad you are happy! Thank you for you view. I too have been curious and found it confusing to hear generalities about TS and TG. THank you for being a part of this community!
I applaud the parents for watching and listening to their children. It is a good thing that Coy has open minded parents.
@Lion26, it wasn't my question. It was a question that I am asked by many. I'm sure scientist will come up with an answer one of these days. I'm also sure that Freud wasn't right about everything.. lol Originally Posted by MsKriss4Play

My mistake, I misread.