Noises when you sleep

• oden
  • 07-15-2010, 09:29 PM
For men it seems to be a given but what do the ladies do to prevent snoring during an extended encounter? I have never encountered a person that does not make some noise as they sleep. What do you do to minimize this?
As for snoring, I seem to snore when I'm extremely tired or fatigued. As for gas well, I suppose one could take gas x just to be safe...

So, get plenty of rest, if possible and take gas x to prevent over night noise makers.
Good question. I don't know- no one has ever told me that I snore or make noises. I've never woken myself up (though I wouldn't notice a train going thru the room, either)...

One thing that is gross on overnights though, is drooling on the pillow. I just brush my teeth and get all the taste of toothpaste and anything else out of my mouth before bed, and that seems to prevent that.
oden...I have often wondered the same things myself! GREAT question!
Since I've never done an overnight, I'm not experienced but I've always thought that if I did, separate rooms would be the ticket. One does need some privacy, you know.
separate rooms would be the ticket. One does need some privacy, you know. Originally Posted by John Bull
Two restrooms works out well.

I don't know if I snore or if the person next to me snores, I'm asleep. A mild sleeping aid is a wonderful thing.
if i ever spent an overnight with a provider, i would probably be overly concerned i made any noise or anything and id most likely lie awake all night just sensing her and making sure i never made a noise
I do not snore and luckily have 'rarely' come across gentlemen who do, but earplugs are a must have just in case. Someone else mentioned gas X... I actually have found that Tums help with the other noises during overnights
Having done almost only overnights, a nudge or soft kick usually causes the snorer to roll over and stop; they don't even wake up, and if they do you can of course just say "I was just thinking how beautiful you are" and then they can wander back to sleep ... or not lol
OK, my SO has super sensitive hearing, but at the same time she says I snore louder than a freight train. (I claim I don't since I've never heard myself snore. lol.)

I travel a lot, so we're not in the same bedroom. When I am at home, I sleep in a different bedroom than she does. It is important that she gets her sleep. When she doesn't she becomes a raging banshee, and she is normally very sweet.

My opinion: you gotta do what works. Everything I read about snoring indicates that finding the solution can be a long and expensive proposition. Since I didn't have a long time or a lot of money to throw at this problem, the easiest thing to do was isolate myself from the SO's bedroom.

Even when we travel together, I try to book us into suite hotels so we can sleep separately.
I have sleep apnea so as long as the machine is on I'm fine. But it never stays on all night so there's no overnights for me.
Yep, I'm a snorer. But if I sleep on my stomach...not so much...so I do. But put me on my back and I can shake the walls.

I'm not sure about the gas...but can't imagine its much different asleep than awake.

I never hear the bed partner...cause I'm asleep...and you'll have to get to sleep in a damn hurry if you want to beat me to sleep. Good, clean, conscience, I guess.

But, I brush my teeth, take showers, keep my hair combed, don't eat in bed. So, I guess that's close enough to perfect for me.
I do mostly overnights. I tend to snore mildly. But normally a fan muffles the noise and is calming to hear. Music to listen to kinda helps as well if she can sleep comfortably with it on. Although peoples palette may be different and music kills the natural vibrations and echoes of symphony our bodies make.....but I digress.

Its gotta be hard to sleep (comfortably) on the providers end with a stranger in those circumstances. But I would often massage the ladies I saw before or after sex took place to sorta relax them attentively to an extent. If the sex was great and sort of engaging and exhausting, sleep was never a problem lol. I guess most times we took catnaps.

I couldnt see booking an overnight an having separate rooms or beds, as the cuddling is sort of my favorite GFE activity besides the obvious reasons. Maybe a two bed room so the one we just used before sleeping could dry.......
I snore, drool, AND steal the covers. I thought that was part of the package deal. Cold feet on your legs in the middle of the night costs extra, though.

Honestly, I don't worry about it. In the event that I do become an annoying bed partner, just roll me over and I'll stop. And I pack ear plugs with me in case he's the one who can't keep the noise down!
Frankly, I cannot understand why either a hobbyist would request it or a provider would accept the offer of an overnight. Wasn't there supposed to be some fantasy involved in this hobby?