Cool Gadgets and Toys

While at the Ideas Fest last week, I got a great new toy - its called a pulse smart pen by Livescribe. It is a little bulky - but really cool! Its essentially a small computer that has a microphone. The paper is very small dots and instead of taking copious notes, you can put a thought, or idea down and when you go back to that section of the paper, it will repeat the lecture begining at where you made a note. While you have to have the correct paper, it can be downloaded for free, using a laser printer.
The one I bought has 200 hours of recording time and the battery lasts for about 30 hrs of recording time. You can then upload the data from the pen and use search terms to find sections in the lecture. You can forward sections of the lecture to others and send as a text or audio file. Just cool as heck! AND only a hundred bucks.

http://www.livescribe.com/smartpen/index.html

While I get it can be used for evil and not good, that pretty much sums up most things, doesn't it?

On that note, my favorite gadget for pleasure is recharchable Lilo. Can't get a picture to download, but this is the link; http://libida.com/lily_clitoral_vibrator.asp . It's simple, quiet and gratifying.

What are your favorite toys?
I guy I know uses one. He took notes from a recent business meeting and sent us all a transcript. Pretty cool.
Does a man's brain count as a toy? Today I was trying to pinpoint some information and Google wasn't getting it. I exchanged PMs or email with a couple and had a great phone conversation with another.
My favorite toy is this Board.

[Now you know what my life is like...]
Does a man's brain count as a toy? Today I was trying to pinpoint some information and Google wasn't getting it. I exchanged PMs or email with a couple and had a great phone conversation with another. Originally Posted by Ansley
Let me guess....No phone sex thou!
Let me guess....No phone sex thou! Originally Posted by Woody of TX
Nope, I get embarrassed and start to st st stu stutter.

Sorry SydneyB, I don't don't have any gadgets. I'm very slow with all this tech stuff. Oh, does my Iphone count?
  • Doove
  • 07-18-2010, 06:59 PM
Sorry SydneyB, I don't don't have any gadgets. I'm very slow with all this tech stuff. Oh, does my Iphone count? Originally Posted by Ansley
What's an Iphone?
Sorry SydneyB, I don't don't have any gadgets. I'm very slow with all this tech stuff. Oh, does my Iphone count? Originally Posted by Ansley
yep! it does. 'specially when you have cool apps (yes, video poker is a cool app -- if you're a dork!). I just got one from www.Livestrong.com - it is an awesome calorie calculator (which I clearly haven't been paying attention to because my ass is as big as a house right now).

Anyway, it has tons of food items already logged in. You basically know if you've exceeded your daily allowances as you eat your meals. At the end of the day, it tally's all the vitamins and minerals and you know if you're on track for health. It's my favorite new phone app for my blackberry - of course, I'm sure that fancy i phone has a better version.
GE, in their "EdgeLab" (in connjunction with the University of Connecticut), was testing that pen and paper about seven or eight years ago. Interesting to see the life cycle as the product is put into usage. I got a tour of the Edgelabe at the time. For students to get accepted was a big thing and you were fast tracked into getting a job at GE.
Does a man's brain count as a toy? Today I was trying to pinpoint some information and Google wasn't getting it. I exchanged PMs or email with a couple and had a great phone conversation with another. Originally Posted by Ansley

Ansley,

you can use my brain as a toy anytime you want
Does a man's brain count as a toy? Originally Posted by Ansley
So, do you enjoy toying with men?

BTW, exactly how long are those legs?
I've been fascinated by the Pulse pen (& similar devices that maintain a machine readable version of everything you write) for a while now. My problem is years of typing have rendering my hand-writing simply illegible...even to me!

I would have to say that my favorite "toy" these days is my Daily Edition eReader. Simply being able to wake up...pick it up...and have the newspaper right there is simply awesome! I also have an irrational fear of unexpected free time with nothing to read. I carry it with me everywhere I go.

I'm intrigued by the We-Vibe...but I've yet to find someone to play with it with!
Sisyphus - I highly recommend the pulse pen - outside of being a little bulky (won't be long until that's remedied), it doesn't everything it says it will.

I like the we-vibe (had to google it; so this is just speculation here but anything where both parties can play simultaneously gotta be fun ;-)! I've always been curious about the bluetooth activated vibrator -I read a review that said it wasn't that much of a physical turn on - but the idea that your lover was thinking of you, would text your phone and the vibe would go off - was a mental turn on...

And yep. I love the Sony Reader. Its small enough to throw in a purse and my time at starbucks, dr's offices, all of it - so much more efficient.
So, do you enjoy toying with men?

BTW, exactly how long are those legs? Originally Posted by Rudyard K
They are looong. Why, do you need some long legs wrapped around you? All this leg talk reminds me of a quote.

"A girl's legs are her best friends... but even the best of friends must part."
Sisyphus - I highly recommend the pulse pen - outside of being a little bulky (won't be long until that's remedied), it doesn't everything it says it will. Originally Posted by Sydneyb
I'm sure I'll break down & try it at some point. If for no other reason than to put it's ICR capabilities to the test. I used to have very lovely handwriting. Now, I write like a serial killer. It's rather embarrassing actually...

I like the we-vibe (had to google it; so this is just speculation here but anything where both parties can play simultaneously gotta be fun ;-)! I've always been curious about the bluetooth activated vibrator -I read a review that said it wasn't that much of a physical turn on - but the idea that your lover was thinking of you, would text your phone and the vibe would go off - was a mental turn on... Originally Posted by Sydneyb
I saw your thoughts about the BT vibrator & I couldn't agree more! The idea that a lover was thinking of ways to get you off remotely IS highly erotic!!

And yep. I love the Sony Reader. Its small enough to throw in a purse and my time at starbucks, dr's offices, all of it - so much more efficient. Originally Posted by Sydneyb
The Sony DE is a tad on the bulky side...but still much smaller than an iPad. It won't fit in my purse...but I can palm it...which is a plus!!

Still looking for the "ultimate" electronic "toy" - one that can get AQ suited to payoff...without buying insurance, that is!