Lance Armstrong: Let the healing begin...

Sitting down with Oprah for a "no-holds-barred" interview to be aired on Jan. 17.

Time for the mea culpa? Bet he's negotiating a book deal for $10mm or so.

Thoughts? Will he confess? Will he continue to lie?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2435616.html
I'd give my left ball to win the Tour de France 7 times.
lol....maybe it was a deal with the devil rather than performance-enhancing drugs?
  • WTF
  • 01-08-2013, 11:44 PM
I'd give my left ball to win the Tour de France 7 times. Originally Posted by gnadfly
You can't give something you ain't got...
Did I hurt your pussy again WCB?
  • WTF
  • 01-09-2013, 12:11 AM
Did I hurt your pussy again WCB? Originally Posted by gnadfly
Asks the high pitched soprano!
He's a liberal Democrat. Of course he cheated; it's in his DNA.

PS All your posts are stupid. Sorry.
Hell, the "healing" ought to be accelerated, what with the steroids and all helping out.....
If Armstrong cops to using PEDs he opens himself up to multiple charges of fraud and perjury. He'll be sued for millions and he'll lose.
If Armstrong cops to using PEDs he opens himself up to multiple charges of fraud and perjury. He'll be sued for millions and he'll lose. Originally Posted by Ducbutter
I think you are right, but I think too that it is his only option at this point and that he will soon cop. It will be very interesting how he bounces back in the coming years. Ten years from now, he will still be worth millions.
If he were playing football, he'd only have half a sack... Wait a second...
I think you are right, but I think too that it is his only option at this point and that he will soon cop. It will be very interesting how he bounces back in the coming years. Ten years from now, he will still be worth millions. Originally Posted by Squarenot

You may be correct. He's reported to be worth around $125 million. His income stream has got to have dried up though so he better have some money structured so that it can't be touched. If he dishes it's gonna get very ugly.
BTW, I know someone who lived next door to him back around the time he won the World Championship. This person used to take care of his apt. while he traveled. They claim he was dirty then, even before the cancer.
Armstrong and his team of advisers (PR/attorneys/accountants) have run the numbers; Armstrong has concluded it is financially viable to admit to some level of doping and re-store some of the value to his brand................

Will America buy into his contrition ?

Americans are suckers; Armstrong is thinking they are.
Armstrong and his team of advisers (PR/attorneys/accountants) have run the numbers; Armstrong has concluded it is financially viable to admit to some level of doping and re-store some of the value to his brand................

Will America buy into his contrition ?

Americans are suckers; Armstrong is thinking they are. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
My god....something we agree on? Let me re-think this.....

I think you are exactly right. He's got some financial exposure by admitting he doped. But, he's going to make a ton more money from a book deal and, he thinks he can rehab his name and reputation but going on Oprah and spilling the beans.

You can bet he and his lawyers thought this through pretty carefully. He's a calculating conniving dirtbag.
I have no doubt Team Armstrong has an excel spreadsheet with the number ranges ($$) for everyone and everything Armstrong risks by going on Oprah's couch.

Net net he thinks the risks are manageable.

And we agree that Armstrong is a dirtbag...I know people who have dealt with him in the past...he is a major league asshole !