So I tried to write a review....

• Eddie
  • 05-09-2012, 03:40 PM
Well, I spent a long time trying to write a detailed review today, I took over an hour. When I was done, it was perfect, I was truly pleased.

And then when I hit 'submit', your site erased all my work with no warning because my log-in had timed out. When I logged back in, the review fields were all empty. If my review was somehow not erased, I was unable to find it.

Please, make the changes needed so that cannot happen to anyone else. I absolutely cannot believe it would be a hard fix to implement some sort of safety feature to stop this problem.

Thanks
  • Mokoa
  • 05-09-2012, 09:42 PM
Sorry you had to experience that. May I suggest that you enter the items of your review into a text document on your computer first. Especially the ROS part since that can take some time to write. When you are done, save it. Now you are ready to go online, copy and paste those items into their corresponding places in the review form. Then click on the Submit button at the bottom to save.
  • Eddie
  • 05-10-2012, 02:57 PM
I appreciate the response, the cut and paste solution is what I came up with myself.

I still believe that code could and should be changed though, or at least some sort of warning added.

Thanks
I had the same problem last night. I thought the sever crashed! I did save my ROS just as in case, I am glad I did. It would be cool if the site had a save as draft button. I have done back to back (30min-1hr each) reviews and this did not happen.
Oh man! I've had that happen in other forums and it's the worst!
Whenever I write something really detailed now, I click and copy it before hitting submit.

It's saved me a lot of hassle!

Sorry that happened to you as it's so frustrating!
Same thing happened to me. Once it happens, you learn to copy or otherwise backup your work...seems like a right of passage. lol