JD's girlfriend, Sarah Palin, is truly a stupid...

... twat.

Here is the article:

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/...hable-offense/

Here is her quote:
------------------------------
Defaulting on our national debt is an impeachable offense, and any attempt by President Obama to unilaterally raise the debt limit without Congress is also an impeachable offense,” Palin said. “A default would also be a shameful lack of leadership, just as mindlessly increasing our debt without trying to rein in spending is a betrayal of our children and grandchildren who will be stuck with the bill.”
-----------------------------

Focus on that underlined bit.

Can someone please explain to this twat that the President does not default on the national debt. The entire federal government does.

So, an inability to reach a compromise with a radical faction in Congress is, in her twisted mind, a high crime and misdemeanor on the President's part. Which is truly ironic, since she is one of the prime motivators of the radical faction that refuses to compromise with the President.

So, first she helps foment a debt ceiling crisis that may lead to a default and then she wants to impeach the other side for the default?

This is the legacy of John McCain.
Man, I totally agree. But, I don't care what you say, I want to nail her. It would do the country some good.
she's a fucking idiot with a runaway mouth.

fortunately for right thinking american! it's stupid Slunts like this bringing the TeaWipes down.

What a leader!!!!
Engage brain before opening mouth.
Actually she is correct about the impeachment. He is caught in a classic Catch-22 situation. There has been some written about this on the web. Easy to find.

And on the spending. As much as the Republicans are ranting about spending their boy Rand Paul's Republican budget would blow a hole in the budget so bad that it would totally dwarf the deficit what we have now.
How does POTUS get blamed for a congressional blunder Louie?
  • CJ7
  • 10-15-2013, 09:39 PM
Man, I totally agree. But, I don't care what you say, I want to nail her. It would do the country some good. Originally Posted by timpage

ATM sounds like her ATF
If he does nothing, the Treasury will eventually default on a debt payment and the 14th Amendment will be violated. If Obama ignored the debt ceiling and keep borrowing money anyway. Yes, that's illegal. Both are impeachable offenses technically.

Here is an excellent article that explains it.

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/10/...ent-obama.html
  • CJ7
  • 10-15-2013, 09:51 PM
if Obie stands around with his dick in his ear like a republican then impeach his ass

no worries, an agreement is reached tomorrow in the Senate, and goes to a vote ..... shortly before deadline comes the big announcement ... a mutual agreement that saves face for both sides of the aisle
Naw, it'll keep the government solvent. the GOP burns over this.
SHuuu, don't disturb them...they are having a gay sausage fest. They should be done in a couple of hours. They won't be walking to good when they come out...
If he does nothing, the Treasury will eventually default on a debt payment and the 14th Amendment will be violated. If Obama ignored the debt ceiling and keep borrowing money anyway. Yes, that's illegal. Both are impeachable offenses technically.

Here is an excellent article that explains it.

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/10/...ent-obama.html Originally Posted by BigLouie
You're wrong on this one, BL.

I posted two links in the opening post of this thread:

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=873745

Read both articles.

If he raises the debt ceiling, he can point to the 14th Amendment and state that he is fulfilling the requirement that the debt of the US not be questioned.

With respect to the legality of unilaterally raising the debt ceiling, not only can he point to the 14th Amendment, but WHO can sue? Someone has to be harmed in order to have standing to sue. Who is harmed by continuing to pay US debt?

The courts won't take up a challenge to the legality of it. So how can anyone in Congress claim the President committed a "high crime" or "misdemeanor"?

It is a political question, not a legal one.

Also, in the case of a default, the President does not default, the federal government does. So how is that blamed on the President - as opposed to, say, Ted Cruz, or Harry Reid, or John Boehner?
I don't understand why having Sarah Palin as a girlfriend is some kind of insult.

All spending starts in the House. All taxes start in the House. Raising the debt limit is a spending increase. It must come from the House.

The House passed a bill in May to cover the countries payments in the event of a shutdown. The person who is designated in the bill is the president whomever it may be. So if something doesn't get paid then it is on the White House if the money was there. Simple to understand.....for some.
I don't understand why having Sarah Palin as a girlfriend is some kind of insult. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
You don't understand why someone saying your girlfriend is stupid is an insult? Really?

All spending starts in the House. All taxes start in the House. Raising the debt limit is a spending increase. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
No, it's NOT. Increasing spending is increasing spending. Raising the debt ceiling is borrowing the money to cover the spending increases that Congress has already voted for.

If Congress had NOT voted to increase spending, you wouldn't need to borrow it in the first place and there would be no raising of the debt ceiling.

THAT should be simple to understand. For some.

The House passed a bill in May to cover the countries payments in the event of a shutdown. The person who is designated in the bill is the president whomever it may be. So if something doesn't get paid then it is on the White House if the money was there. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
And if the money was NOT there because Congress did not come up with enough cash to "cover" the countries payments, what then?

We default and it is Congress's fault for not coming up with the revenue. They hold the purse strings, remember?