Bogata or Cartagena

I wanted thoughts on which would be better for 4-5 days.

I am looking to go in December.

Are both English friendly ? or better to go with someone that speaks Spanish
Bogota is cold . There is a red light district that is ok fromwhat I heard. Cartagena is warm and touristy but a bit more expensive. You can get girls walking around the beach.
For the English friendly , I think Cartagena would be better bet but speaking a little Spanish does help
Both are English friendly. Actually, depending on who you’re talking to, it’s easier to speak English than Spanish due to different dialects.

Nonetheless. it doesn’t hurt to know some Spanish. Learn your coordinates and basic questions and you’ll be fine.

Personally, I prefer Cartegena as it is more touristy and welcoming to Americans. On the other hand, doing a trip from Cartegena to Bogota would be well worth it.

Which, if you do a bus from Cartegena to Bogota, please do some extensive research! The more informed you are, the better.
Neither, go to Medellin.
I've never been to bogata. caragena is very fascinating. I didn't hobby there. the history, buildings, and churches are great. people very friendly. I don't speak much spanish, but they are used to tourists and u.s. dollars.