IMPORTANT UPDATE: Protonmail.COM is NOT recommended. Change your accounts to the .CH or .ME Extension

Here is why:

https://protonmail.com/support/knowl...protonmail-ch/

ProtonMail operates under the domains protonmail.com and protonmail.ch. With the introduction of protonmail.com, there have been some concerns from users regarding the prudence of introducing the .com top level domain (TLD) since .com is under the control of the US government (more specifically, the .com TLD is managed by VeriSign which is a US company under US jurisdiction).
The primary risk is domain name seizure which can occur if the US government bypasses the Swiss court system and directly seizes protonmail.com by serving a court order directly to VeriSign. In this case, ProtonMail could lose control of protonmail.com and the US could gain access to emails sent to protonmail.com after the seizure through directing all email sent to protonmail.com to a different server.

This risk exists for any .com domain. At this time, we gauge this risk to be quite low because ProtonMail is operating in compliance with international laws and regulations which protect the right to encrypt data. Encryption is legal, even in the US and there can be no just cause for seizing our .com domain name.

However, at ProtonMail, our goal is to provide maximum privacy and security under all possible scenarios so for this reason, we will continue to provide the added security of the .ch domain. We recommend that users concerned about absolute privacy choose to use protonmail.ch when they are creating their ProtonMail account. Within Proton Technologies AG, we will continue to exclusively use protonmail.ch for all outbound correspondence so all of our email addresses (such as contact@protonmail.ch) will remain on .ch. However, all messages sent to our email addresses utilizing .com will be received and responded to.

ProtonMail will continue to use protonmail.com as our default website and webmail portal. We consider this to be low risk because the backend API which needs to be accessed to get user data will continue to be hosted at protonmail.ch. However, for users who wish to always avoid .com domains, we provide an alternative webmail access at app.protonmail.ch.
In March 2018, we also introduced a new short domain for email addresses: pm.me. The ME registry belongs to Montenegro, and in terms of safety, we classify it as safer than .com, but not quite as safe as .ch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~

I'm asking everyone on my mailing list to switch their .com proton mails to .CH or .ME

I won't be adding .com emails to my contact lists because the .com extensions can be seized by Big Brother.

If you're already on my list, please make the change and email me again.

It's yet another pain in the ass to deal with but better safe than sorry.

I'm told the fix is simple.

Stay as safe and proactive as possible.
Many of you have listed variations of these emails on the thread started by Dr. Grey.

Ladies and gents alike, PLEASE understand that BOTH sides of your email conversations must be encrypted.

All of those email platforms will be authorized by Big Brother to censor your emails.

The risk is much greater than you realize.

No need to panic, but being proactive will protect all parties and keep your businesses and activities flourishing.
"Join my encrypted mailing list at TheAlpha@SafeOffice.com"

LOL.
YOU KNOW WHAT TPEPSI:

I'M SICK OF YOUR SNIDE LITTLE COMMENTS.

BOY, I DON'T NEED TO ADVERTISE HERE IN COED. I'M SHARING INFORMATION THATS RELEVANT.

AND YOU LOL'D AT MY SIGNATURE BLOCK FOR GODS SAKE! SINCE WHEN IS THAT AN ISSUE? OR FUNNY?

I DON'T EVEN HAVE A SHOWCASE ANYMORE. WHAT IS YOUR POINT EXACTLY?

ARE YOU IMPLYING THAT THIS A THREAD? AS FAR AS I KNOW THREADS ARE ALLOWED. SO..............

PERHAPS YOU SHOULD SPEND SOME TIME FINDING SOME POSITIVITY IN YOUR LIFE IN LIEU OF SPEWING DIARRHEA ON THE KEYBOARD EVERY CHANCE YOU GET.

CONTRIBUTE SOMETHING MEANINGFUL OR BACK THE HELL OFF.

OH AND I COULD GIVE TWO SHITS ABOUT POINTS OR WARNINGS OR WHATEVER YOU MAY THROW AT ME WITH YOUR NAUSEATING INPUT.

YOUR FRICKING TROLLISH BEHAVIOR IS EQUIVALENT TO A LITTLE BOY.

AND YES I AM WELL AWARE THAT ALL CAPS IS YELLING. CAN YOU HEAR ME? CAN YOU HEAR 99% OF THE OTHER PEOPLE HERE WHO ARE ALSO SICK OF YOUR DRAMA?

NOW IS NOT THE TIME FOR THIS. WE SHOULD BE COMING TOGETHER NOT DRIVING MORE WEDGES.

(AND YES I'M MAKING ALOT OF ASSUMPTIONS BUT YOU'VE PRETTY MUCH SHOWN YOUR HAND AND YOUR ASS SO OFTEN THAT I CAN PRETTY MUCH RUN A BETING POOL ON THE WAYS IN WHICH YOU'LL SMART OFF EVERY OPPORTUNITY YOU GET.)

EVERYONE: PLEASE IGNORE THIS IDIOT.

LADIES AND GENTS: DISSEMINATE THIS INFORMATION AND APPLY IT AS YOU DEEM NECESSARY AND WEED OUT TPEPSI'S IRRELEVANT REPLY AND PLEASE FORGIVE AND TRY TO IGNORE MY BITCH RESPONSE.

STAY SAFE.
AND YOU LOL'D AT MY SIGNATURE BLOCK FOR GODS SAKE! SINCE WHEN IS THAT AN ISSUE? OR FUNNY?

[/COLOR] Originally Posted by The Alpha

"Join my encrypted mailing list at TheAlpha@SafeOffice.com"

So after your lecture on why not to use ".com" you invite everyone to join your mailing list at a .com address. That's funny.

P.S. I don't care if you are sick of my snide little comments. You mean nothing to me. Well, that's not true. You made me laugh so I guess that's something.
HERES WHAT'S CLASSIC:

I'M A BIG ENOUGH PERSON TO ADMIT I MADE A MISTAKE ADVISING PEOPLE TO GET A PROTONMAIL.COM EMAIL INSTEAD OF A .CH OR.ME

THAT'S CLASSIC. THAT'S CLASSY. THAT'S HOW BUSINESS IS DONE.

THIS NEW CHANGE IN THE LAW IS A LEARNING EXPERIENCE FOR ALL OF US.

AND FOR THE RECORD, SAFEOFFICE.COM IS NOT AN ISSUE. FEEL FREE TO GO THEIR MAIN SECURITY PAGE AND EDUCATE YOURSELF BEFORE YOU FURTHER MAKE A FOOL OF YOURSELF. https://safeoffice.com/pp.php?t=i_Security

I'M GLAD YOU HAD A GOOD GIGGLE. OH WAIT, NOT I'M NOT. I GIVE ZERO FUCKS ABOUT YOUR SHITS AND GIGGLES. TOODLES!
The .com is not in danger to any of us unless government seizes those email accounts, servers, and domains. And only then, anything "after" the seize is the info shared in trouble of anything as emails can't be accessed, even by protonmail themselves. Until then, the messages stay encrypted, read that here, reddit and review sites. So proton end safeoffice are both safe until they make news headlines of government seizures. If transPepsi would of read, which she can't very well, she would of seen the "its not time to panic."

Doesn't hurt to think about switching again sometime in the near future.

And Alpha, don't mind Pepsi here, she's just a confused transsexual, hence her handle. I've had to deal with her thinking in some way I'm obsessed with her micro penis after calling her out for reading every tranny review. Still managed to misspell my handle of all things. So don't tell her to stick anything up her ass, she might like it. Just a keyboard princess.
I agree and I've noticed her incessant need to nag at every post and it's clearly a deterrent to people who want to ask or share questions and information.

I've been quietly watching and observing and it's really outrageous that she is allowed to inject so much useless junk into so many threads.

So yeah, as you can understand, I went a little Rogue.

And you're right, a little critical reading goes a long way. I clearly said there's no need to panic.

Anyways, we better get on topic or we may get slapped around for straying away.
The risk is much greater than you realize.

No need to panic. Originally Posted by The Alpha
Kindly clarify if the risk is much greater than we realize or if there is no need to panic.
Lol, got that right. And mokoa, leave the black beads far away, you'll turn the tranny on.
Pepsi, what she is saying is. If the goverment takes over proton mail, and a girl or guy doesn't realize it, all their emails will be read after the seizure since they'll have control of the server and encryption. So if they hadn't made the switch, that might not be good depending what they find. As long as they aren't engaged or suspected of trafficking, you'll likely be ok.

No need to panic as in, they haven't done that yet. So any mails sent now until then, you need not worry as they can't and never will be accessed.

Meaning, your Lol was kinda retarded. Never go full retard.
ASSESSING AND MITIGATING RISK IS A COMMON PRACTICE. WE DO IT EVERY DAY IN A MULTITUDE OF WAYS.

PANIC IS NOT A HEALTHY NOR COMMON RESPONSE WHEN ONE ASSESSES A RISK AND MAKES A CHOICE TO MITIGATE SAID RISK.

AND ACTUALLY, BY DEFINITION, IF THE READERS HERE ARE NOT AWARE OF THE POTENTIAL RISK, AS OUTLINED BY PROTONMAIL THEMSELVES, THEN YES! THE RISK IS GREATER THAN THE READERS REALIZE. HELLO.....

CRITICAL READING 101. AND SHUT THE FUCK UP 201.

IT'S JUST ADVICE FOR GODS SAKE. PEOPLE CAN TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT. WHY DO YOU HAVE TO THROW SHADE WHEN I'M JUST TRYING TO SHARE WHAT I'VE LEARNED?

ENOUGH CHIT CHAT. I KNOW I'M JUST GIVING YOU WHAT YOU WANT.

I HAVE SOME OTHER THINGS TO WRITE AND SHARE WITH RECEPTIVE AND RESPECTFUL FRIENDS.

DEUCES!
CRITICAL READING 101. AND SHUT THE FUCK UP 201.
Originally Posted by The Alpha
Learn how to write better: 301
I got a few well-earned and deserved points for that little rant. But I meant every word and regret nothing.

Letting my Alpha side loose was pretty titillating.

Back on topic....

Protonmail.com or .ch or .me are suited for most purposes but the .com extension carries an increased risk if the government should decide to target them. (as Dr. Grey explained and the Protonmail.com page explains)

I personally prefer my friends to use .ch and so far every single person is receptive and choosing to make the switch. (Thank you!)

You are all free to make you own decisions. I just like to share and for us to have a wealth of information from which to make our choices.

Stay Safe!
I guess the big question is. Do our contracts roll over to ch from com? I shall try it.