Nice Austin Restaurants for SB/OTC Provider Dates

Anyone have recommendations on nice, off the beaten path, restaurants in Austin to visit with a SB or cool provider? I usually wind up taking them to bar&grill type establishments--which is fine for a while. But it gets boring for them and is too loud. I've taken the SB to Flemings and Maggianos Little Italy. Those places are too close to RW circles, so I wont do that again. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
La Fonda San Miguel Sunday brunch.

http://www.fondasanmiguel.com/menu/sunday-brunch/
http://austin.eater.com/archives/201...january-12.php

Wink

La Condessa

Uchi & Uchiko

Justine's

Haddington's

Monnshine- Brunch

There are sooo many more, but this should be a good a start.
Thanks for all the replies. This looks like a good list. I plan to hit up a few of these after returning from New York.
Uchi and Uchiko are way too loud. Conversation can be had, but not enjoyed, IMHO. But the food is amazing! La Condessa is fabulous for both.
Off the beaten path? Look into Mettles, way out on east 7th, modern, hipsterish, but fairly good. Also right under your nose but not thought of too often is Fino. Excellent food, small plates, good bar and you can eat out on the terrace. One of my favorite Austin places. Very good, very small and intimate and not too popular is Lenoir. One of A's top restaurants, but not one of the more popular places. Likewise Swift's Attic, right downtown above the Elelphant Room.
the booths at Bartlets (used to be Houstons) are good, and the food is great.
If/When we are having a M&G, that's our choice.
I would also be interested in hearing about some off the beaten path, hidden gem restaurants. I like the unusual- places with character.
Yew might oughta try Banger's

http://bangersaustin.com/

'Tween tha name an' all tha hot juicy sausage onna menu, Ah bet tha submarinliminual suggestshuns all 'round tha sassy lassy oughta make 'er right randy in tha sack afterwards.
McCormick's and Schmciks has private booths.
McCormick's and Schmciks has private booths. Originally Posted by chairspud
I think they went under and closed. There's some other steak house there.
Thanks for this thread, now I'll have ideas if I have any dinner dates in Austin (It'll be my first time visiting there! Very excited.)
I think Justine's and Mettle are off the beaten path. Most of the others good but not off the path. A few others to add to the good but not really off the path, imo; Olivia, Odd Duck, Barley Swine, Whip in, Contigo, Hop Fields, Michi Ramen and Salt & Time. Just to name a few off the top of my head. Someone mentioned Bangers, there are quite a few fun places on Rainey St for drinks and or food.
I wish I had seen this thread before I took my UTR ATF out to lunch the other day. She almost became my ATR ATF.

"Sure, Brio? Sounds great...no never been there...Yep...I love Italian."

Man, this place couldn't have been more public. Never again...I like how Mettles sounds.