The changes

Do you like the changes the buffalo sabers made for general manger Tim Murray andvcraig Patrick as special assistant to the gm wonder if they can help this cellar team out of the cellar
  • Tiger
  • 01-12-2014, 05:06 PM
Sabres have to "compete" with Edmonton and Calgary for last place which gives them better odds in the lottery for the first draft pick. Add that to the ones they've banked from making trades (ie: Vanek for Moulson)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...to-the-rebuild
I think anything that isnt Darcy Regier is a step in the right directly.

That being said, the biggest problem with Darcy was his inability to build a team. He could make great draft picks, decent trades, but putting together a team of people that play well together, nope.

The surprise of the tim murry hiring was more the Craig Patrick hiring. He is a beast. We should be honored to have him in the front office. So instead of having a GM and two assistant GM's we have a GM and two people that will help him... basically assistants with more power than assistants. I think that the brain trust of those three can do great things.

Murray has a track record for an "encyclopedic" hockey mind, not only with youngsters, but he has a good track record with veterans as well. That coupled with Lafontaine and PAtrick being the hockey "royalty" that they are will definitely give us a leg up higher than anything Darcy ever did.

However, ask me in 3 years how I feel. It will take at least that long to get this team in place to compete at a stanley cup level