FOOD!!!fav winter time comfort foods and soups..

so the other day..i made from scratch some delish ham and creamy potato stew..
i started it in the crockpot..however had to move it to the stove because the crockpot was just too small!!
its a fav comfort/winter soup i love to have..it turned out pretty darn good too for being my first time at the rodeo with that particular soup..

when i make my french onion soup its sooo freakin delicious i wanna ingest it all..but since i like to share i saved most for the rest of the fam..

i make a heck of a great pot of chili too! which i absolutely love as well..

So foodie lovers..so whats your fav stew, soups, comfort foods for this time of year...
Love my homemade NE Clamchowder. The Canadian version is iffy at best ;-) I add BACON to it too! I think that's what puts it over the top. Beef stew in crockpot is good too!
I make these awesome lamb shanks. Goes good with egg noodles. I also like Swiss steak. It's a good way to use up venison from the fall hunt or use inexpensive cut of beef. That goes better with mashed potatoes. I also like greens like collard or kale (add bacon for flavor!!!)
Red wine braised short ribs, with blue cheese risotto, and roasted asparagus is my fav wintertime meal to cook
omgosh!!! ya'll making me sooo hungry with all theses wonderful menu's!!! jeepers!! whens dinner???!!!!!im drewlin already!
Creamy baked potato soup with bacon.
  • Tiger
  • 01-15-2014, 09:06 AM
I'm luvin me some chili made with bison or my ATF....ham and scaloped potatoes
Just made a big batch of "Ox Tail" Soup! Turned it into stew kinda by adding rice. Turned out delicious!
To go with the Football season.....you have to eat chicken wings.
To go with the Football season.....you have to eat chicken wings. Originally Posted by Hardpiped03
Thats a given here in WNY
Lamb stew:

Fish and tofu soup:

Sushi all year long ahhhhhsooo.
mmmm this thread is def making me hungry..so many great things ya'll eat..omgosh!!!
I don't associate foods with the time of year that much, but I did make some kick ass stuffed hot peppers tonight:

http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/23074...banana-peppers

I'm not Bob, didn't create the recipe, but I can work it. Enjoy!