SERIOUS ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE

I'm sorry if this isn't the place to post this but I'm still learning! I need some serious advice. I received a email last night, nothing out of the ordinary. The sender said he had a fetish and asked if I was open minded, so I relied let's hear it....sender then asked if I had a *Staff Edit - JCM....I replied that I didn't like where this was headed and told him I didn't give out personal information like that....sender then said that his *Staff Edit - JCM.....followed with a picture of a *Staff Edit - JCM. I KNOW!!! so I replied how big of a disgusting piece of shit he was ad that I was sending the email to the police....sender replied oh go F%#k yourself I'll get picked up for it if I do.....OK so I can't sleep another night knowing something possibly *Staff Edit - JCM but I also have my own kids to consider if mommy get's picked up for........??? I called *Staff Edit - JCM and explained the situation to its best without saying much and was told the only way to get things going is to file a police report and then it would follow with an investigation!!! my twins will be 8 next month and am heartbroken at my predicament if someone could give me some good solid advice I could sure use it right now. Thanks!!
Sorry, but this type of discussion involving kids is not something we can do on here.

#10 - Topics regarding children, and certain images depicting children are not material for an adult-themed board. You must be at least 18 years of age to register and participate here, and along those lines, our subject matter is to surround individuals of the proper age range. Any mention or reference to underage sex is strictly forbidden and may result in loss of your posting privileges.