Waco Kid's College Football week 4

What is Waco Kid's Weekly College Football Review? It is an ongoing weekly review of all things College Football!!

Each week upcoming games can be discussed and predictions made, name-calling after victories and general all-around college football discussion! Each week will be closed out by the next Monday and a new thread opened for the current college football schedule for each week.

Rules -

"Rules?? We don't need no stinkin’ rules!”

Actually we do.

WKWCFR rule 1

"Lies, damn lies and statistics!"

British Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli

If you quote a stat, record, 3rd down conversion rate, an all-time mark or the number of jock straps an 85-man team needs ...

Post it! If you can't post a link to it, it's bogus!
What's valid in the Internet age? Just about anything! Any of the major sports publications, local newspapers, any of the big networks and official school and NCAA sites just to cover the big ones.

WKWCFR rule 2

Predictions must be posted 1 day in advance! If you haven't read the sports page and figgured out who's going to win by the day before ya never will!

Must be time stamped before Midnight the day before game-day, for any weekly games Thur-Sun on the current weekly schedule.

So there you have it, pretty basic! You can post on general topics of your favorite teams regardless of that week's opponent. Just remember WKWCFR rule 1

Polls
Well now, didn't get to this last night. So let's get caught up, shall we?

Too late to pick this game, would have gone with the Smurfs anyway. Boise St. i think will struggle a bit .. by their
standards this year.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Winner: Ohio St.

Pope Urbie II had reason to be uppity after last week's somewhat lackluster showing. Let's see what the Buckies do this week.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Winner: WVa

WVa has way too much firepower for the Terps. This should be over by halftime.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Winner: TCU

Even with TCU's top back out for the year, Patty just plugs in anothe back and rolls on.

Winner: Florida

UK is pretty bad this year, Joker is on the hot seat and Will puts another nail in Joker's coffin.

Winner: Michigan St.

Sparty showed zero offense last week against ND but they look pretty good against tier II Michigan teams. So what?

Winner: UCLA

The Bruins are the hot team in the PAC 12 under Mora. Could Mora pull a Pete (failed NFL coach who wins big in College Ball) and actually upstage USC? too early to be sure but don't lose this one at home, Mora.

Winner: S Carolina

Mizzu is off to a rocky start in the SEC and the HBC shows them how it's done.

Winner: Nebraska

Bo better get his act together fast against the spuds. Where's that defense, Bo? isn't that your game?

Winner: Alabama

Lock of the week. Bama rolls.

Winner: USC

TeddyBear grappled with Pope Urbie II pretty good last week and USC laid an egg against Stanford. You let TeddyBear get you now and you can kiss your season goodbye, Kiffy.

Winner: Miss St.

Why is State even ranked? All they have done so far is beat a bad Auburn team. Ah well enjoy your time in the top 25 while it lasts.

Winner: LSU

The Mad Hatter sticks it to Gene and Aubie. Still don't need no stinkin' Honey Badgers. Yet.

Winner: Louisville

Charlie Strong doesn't need any more "Cardiac Cards" BS against this patsy. Get er DONE!

Winner: Michigan

ND took out Sparty last week. This week however that other Michigan puts one on ND.

Winner: UGA

Vandy was the trendy upstart before the season began. Not so much now that the season actually began. LOL.

Winner: OU

Big Game Bozo beats his mentor Snyder. Again.

Winner: Florida St.

the best game of the day on paper, only giving it to Free Shoes U because it's at Bobby's house.

Winner: Oregon

RichRod gets his redemption tour derailed by the Duckies. Better luck next time RR.
zerou is NOT a 5/6 ranked team

listen what the sports talk radio is saying about them

http://www.thesportsanimal.com/

and read about them here

http://newsok.com/uneasy-times-in-so...rticle/3711884
Does it make you happy that i nearly went with K State for the "upset"? Besides, i want ZerOU to be undefeated .. until Oct 13th.
the real question is, where will this coach for ULaMonroe end up next year, damn beats ArkU at their place, takes Auburn to overtime and just gave Baylor a scare,
Does it make you happy that i nearly went with K State for the "upset"? Besides, i want ZerOU to be undefeated .. until Oct 13th. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
Kansas State 24, zerou 19 final

as I was saying

look at this way, there will be 2 one lost teams at the Cotton Bowl, just ain't the same anymore
Winner: Ohio St.

Pope Urbie II had reason to be uppity after last week's somewhat lackluster showing. Let's see what the Buckies do this week.

Ohio St. nearly coughed this one up, yeah they won but i'll have to downgrade the Bucks a bit at this point. They may still get 9 wins in Pope Urbie II's inaugural year but probably only because the Big Ten doesn't look like much this year.

Winner: WVa

WVa has way too much firepower for the Terps. This should be over by halftime.

Maryland hung tougher than i thought they would, as is usually the case with high scoring teams they usually don't have a strong defense. That will cost WVa a couple of games this year.

Winner: TCU

Even with TCU's top back out for the year, Patty just plugs in another back and rolls on.

Virginia 7
17 TCU 27
A solid if unspectacular win. If there's a real talent drop off with the run game TCU could struggle on offense against the better teams they will play in the Big 12.

Winner: Florida

UK is pretty bad this year, Joker is on the hot seat and Will puts another nail in Joker's coffin.

Kentucky 0
14 Florida 38
If you didn't know better you'd think this was a typical Steve Superior beatdown. Close enough.

Winner: Michigan St.

Sparty showed zero offense last week against ND but they look pretty good against tier II Michigan teams. So what?

E Michigan 7
21 Michigan St 23
23 points against this patsy? At home? Sparty won't be a player in the Big Ten that way. Better get it going fast, Sparty or you'll be one the year's disappointments.

Winner: UCLA

The Bruins are the hot team in the PAC 12 under Mora. Could Mora pull a Pete (failed NFL coach who wins big in College Ball) and actually upstage USC? too early to be sure but don't lose this one at home, Mora.

Damn. This smelled like an upset and i didn't call it that way. Should have known better. Looks like Mora has some more work to do but let's face it he didn't get much to start with.

Winner: S Carolina

Mizzu is off to a rocky start in the SEC and the HBC shows them how it's done.

Missouri 10
7 S Carolina 31
And the 'Ol Ball Coach welcomes Mizzu to the SEC. The Hard Way.

Winner: Nebraska

Bo better get his act together fast against the spuds. Where's that defense, Bo? isn't that your game?

Par for the course, Bugeaters. Enjoy the scrimmage.

Winner: Alabama

Lock of the week. Bama rolls.

Fla Atlantic 7
1 Alabama 40
The only thing that might keep Bama from going undefeated and becoming the first back-to-back BCS title winner might be complacency. Oh, wait, Saban coaches Bama. Never mind.

Winner: USC

TeddyBear grappled with Pope Urbie II pretty good last week and USC laid an egg against Stanford. You let TeddyBear get you now and you can kiss your season goodbye, Kiffy.

California 9
13 USC 27
Well you saved it this week, Kiffy. You got a solid win against a Cal team that appears better than expected this year. Just remember you have ZERO margin of error the rest of the year.

Winner: Miss St.

Why is State even ranked? All they have done so far is beat a bad Auburn team. Ah well enjoy your time in the top 25 while it lasts.

South Alabama 10
23 Miss St 30
Whatever. Move on. You stay ranked for now. I'll be surprised if Miss St. still is in December.

Winner: LSU

The Mad Hatter sticks it to Gene and Aubie. Still don't need no stinkin' Honey Badgers. Yet.

Well this was a real dog. LSU played with fire and nearly self destructed. 351 net yards should have gotten Lester more points on the board.

Winner: Louisville

Charlie Strong doesn't need any more "Cardiac Cards" BS against this patsy. Get er DONE!

20 Louisville 28

Fla Intl 21
"Cardiac Cards" at it again. You let a bad Fla Int. team stay right with you. Yes it was on the road but still, you aren't exactly overpowering anyone.

Winner: Michigan

ND took out Sparty last week. This week however that other Michigan puts one on ND.

18 Michigan 6
11 Notre Dame 13
Missed this one too. I may have to grudgingly admit ND is a legit team this year. Kelly is a good coach and for now at least there's promise for a good year in South Bend.

Winner: UGA

Vandy was the trendy upstart before the season began. Not so much now that the season actually began. LOL.

Vanderbilt 3
5 Georgia 48
UGA rolls but Richt is still the Rodney Dangerfield of the SEC, he can't get no respect!

Winner: OU

Big Game Bozo beats his mentor Snyder. Again.

15 Kansas St 24
6 Oklahoma 19
So much for history here. Bozo was 14-0 against ranked teams at home. Make that 14-1 AHAHA.

Winner: Florida St.

the best game of the day on paper, only giving it to Free Shoes U because it's at Bobby's house.

10 Clemson 37
4 Florida St 49
As Joe Dean might say "It's a barnburner!" It was the best game of the day. Clemson lost but showed some guts not to fold. Now we'll see what both teams do in the aftermath.

Winner: Oregon

RichRod gets his redemption tour derailed by the Duckies. Better luck next time RR.

22 Arizona 0
3 Oregon 49
The Ducks show RR how it's done and move up to number 2 in the rankings, i don't see anyone in the PAC 10 that can touch Oregon, other than USC. Maybe.
LOL...well, looks like my Sooners finally played up/down/sideways to the level they've been trying to find the first two games...grrrrrr...maybe BGB has finally caught the Mack Brown disease, wtf knows. But, boyz (heavy on the BOY) let's still play 'em and find out, eh? Hopefully, your two squads won't put too many arms in slings by patting themselves on the back - just yet.
All I know is these days I'm singing "Cheer cheer for old Notre Dame" cause I really really want Nick & Co to face them in Miami in part II of the Bear Revenge Tour. All props to Mante'i Teo though.
.maybe BGB has finally caught the Mack Brown disease, Originally Posted by Randy4Candy
The only disease Big Game Bozo caught is his own. And i still should have called it for K St. see you on Oct. 13th.

All I know is these days I'm singing "Cheer cheer for old Notre Dame" cause I really really want Nick & Co to face them in Miami in part II of the Bear Revenge Tour. All props to Mante'i Teo though. Originally Posted by gulflover
ND man are ya? Well i HATE ND. But i think Kelly is a good coach and he might bring you "Touchdown Jesus" worshipers back. Davie failed. Willinghamster failed. FatAssWeiss failed. hey you gotta get lucky some time yeah?

hmm. don't you guys play ZeOU this year? hahahaha. For ONCE in my long sordid, perverted life I'll say "GO ND!"
Hmmm, Friday the 13th comes on Saturday in October 2012.

Looks like it may be shaping up as a monumental gag-fest. Mack (he who does less with more than any coach in the history of mankind in ANY sport) and BGB's charges, a bunch of readers of their own press "believers."

But, it may be an interesting football game.
Hmmm, Friday the 13th comes on Saturday in October 2012.

Wow. you can READ a Calendar. i am impressed.

Looks like it may be shaping up as a monumental gag-fest. Mack (he who does less with more than any coach in the history of mankind in ANY sport) and BGB's charges, a bunch of readers of their own press "believers."

Big Game Bozo v Mack. Let's compare.

Bozo
Overall 141–35 Bowls 7–6
Mack

Overall 227–113–1 (.667) Bowls 12–7 (.632)
At Texas - Record 141–39 (.783)

Mack took UNC from NOTHING to a winner. So don't get too excited about that overall percentage sport. And it looks like the only bowls Big Game Bozo can win is the "Salad Bowl" See you at the "Cotton Bowl" ZerOU.

Bozo - 1 BCS title. Mack 1 BCS title. So explain if you can exactly WHY Bozo has outdone Mack? Inquiring minds want to know!

Originally Posted by Randy4Candy
ramalama ding dong back at ya.
No, no, I hate ND as much as you do. Bama man here, and I'd like nothing more than to eviscerate the Doh!mers in Miami on the biggest stage possible. They have a good front 7, but the rest of that team is nowhere near championship caliber and any SEC team they played would take them like girly men and wipe off on their drapes.
Not that I'm putting Bama in the CG just yet. Lot of football to be played, and Georgia's looked as good as we have, more or less, and of course Metzenberger won't gack in front of the home crowd like he did at Aubie, so Nov 3 will be a tough test.
Bama guy. got it. as posted above ..

The only thing that might keep Bama from going undefeated and becoming the first back-to-back BCS title winner might be complacency. Oh, wait, Saban coaches Bama. Never mind.

yer good.

hot avatar by the way.
Hmmm, Texas math? 141-39 (.783) is better than 141-35? ohhhhhhhh-kkkaaaaaayyyyy.