Knowing when a contact is online

I've been told it is possible to see when a contact is online. How do I do that?

Thanks!
Well, when you log onto eccie, Press Ctrl + F, a little box will pop up, and type in their handle. Everyone's contact info that is online is listed and if they're online, it'll jump to and highlight their name in the list of names at the bottom of the screen.
Ahh, I didn't know that list of everyone online was there. I wonder why the dude said you need to have them in your contact list.

Thanks!
  • YoHou
  • 11-27-2014, 03:56 PM
Ahh, I didn't know that list of everyone online was there. I wonder why the dude said you need to have them in your contact list.

Thanks! Originally Posted by googol^googol
because if they enable invisible mode then they will not be on that list.
How then will having them in my contact list let me see them?
  • YoHou
  • 11-28-2014, 04:46 PM
Add me to your contact list and see if it says that I'm online since I have invisible mode enabled. You should be able to see me online there and not in that list on the bottom of the page.
Add me to your contact list and see if it says that I'm online since I have invisible mode enabled. You should be able to see me online there and not in that list on the bottom of the page. Originally Posted by YoHou
I added you. Does that little green light in the bottom corner of your avatar box tell me when someone is online? Has it been that easy all along? OK, now I feel dumb.

So if someone doesn't have invisible mode enabled, everyone can see from that green light when they're online. If they are invisible, you have to have them in your contacts list to 'see the light', as it were. Do I have that correct?

Thanks, YoHou, for your help!
Nope. I removed you from my contact list, and I still see your green light on. Hmmm.
  • YoHou
  • 11-30-2014, 04:15 PM
I enabled it lol, pm me when you have time and we'll troubleshoot. Don't have time to play forum tag