Links

I've seen a few jabs and eye rolling at WTF for using links.

I actually like links in a post. In the travel threads when someone mentions a great location or hotel, I wished more people had included a link. Some I googled just to see what they were talking about. Same with NOLA suggestions, links would have been nice. This is just my opinion, what are yours?
I completely agree. Links can offer great value. Hotels, newstories etc...save the reader the trouble of Googling...

On the other hand you should be able to make your point here in a couple of paragraphs at most. Your argument shouldn't be "read chapter 5 (&maybe chapter 6) of www.wtfstupidlinkofthehour.com "

Point being, they are helpful when not abused. I commend WTF on doing a much better job than he has in the past....
  • WTF
  • 01-20-2010, 08:17 AM

Point being, they are helpful when not abused. Originally Posted by atlcomedy
You been abusing your link again atl?

Seriously so many post their beliefs as facts....I like to use links to debunk that. So many posters are full of shit
http://www.cartoonstock.com/director...ll_of_shit.asp

I like links too, and I REALLY like pictures inserted in posts. Like this recent one:
I want the lady on the left. The corset does it for me.
I’m OK with links when they add to the post, provide something extra. When they are the post, not so much (I expect most here know how to use Google).
Now THAT is funny!
I agree... they are very helpful!

(LOVE the card store pic! LMAO)
I've seen a few jabs and eye rolling at WTF for using links. Originally Posted by Nicolette Bordeauxva
All in good humor towards WTF... He was a little late coming over to ECCIE and just wanted him to feel at home.

The only concern I have about links, is the fact just because there is a link to a subject or article does not necessary mean that it is accurate. Oh I forgot "Everything you read on the Internet is true".

Reference: http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp
Thanks Woody for the link. I always though Gore had said that.
Links can also be a good way to advertise.

Yes WTF, this was blatant.