DANIEL ELLSBERG SPEAKS OUT ABOUT SNOWDEN......

"I hope Snowden’s revelations will spark a movement to rescue our democracy..."

"Snowden believes that he has done nothing wrong. I agree wholeheartedly. More than 40 years after my unauthorized disclosure of the Pentagon Papers, such leaks remain the lifeblood of a free press and our republic. One lesson of the Pentagon Papers and Snowden’s leaks is simple: secrecy corrupts, just as power corrupts."

- Daniel Ellsberg, Pentagon Paper Leaker

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...080_story.html
No problema.........
Sorry, Whirly, I misstated that.
But he did do it the right way, he didn't skip the Country and head to asylum to become a useful idiot to those that wish to harm The USA.
Ellsberg thinks Snowden had no choice......and I agree.

Keep in mind Ellsberg didn't voluntarily go public; in fact no one knew who the leaker was. Ellsberg was underground until he was outed by journalist Sidney Zion, who breached the trust of the journalist fraternity by calling a friend’s radio talk show and informing the listening audience that Ellsberg was the one who had given the papers to the Times. During the time Ellsberg was underground he had time to mount a public campaign to keep him out of prison.

Had Snowden been picked up in the US; he would have surely been held without bail and incommunicado under the Patriot Act. A completely different set of circumstances that allowed Ellsberg to speak publicly in his defense.

But he did do it the right way, he didn't skip the Country and head to asylum to become a useful idiot to those that wish to harm The USA. Originally Posted by Jackie S
And what difference does it make what country Snowden speaks out in ?

The Pentagon Papers revealed to the world the exact same information had they been released in Hanoi at the time. The information was published world wide.