What's the best iPhone app for secret texting?

I'm trying to figure out the best solution for carrying on secret texting with my mistress on my iPhone. The most important criteria are:

(A) I need to know the texting won't show up on my cell phone activity records (AT&T).

(B) I'd prefer to find a disquised app, so if my wife looks through the apps on my phone, it doesn't look like an obvious alternative texting app.

I've tried using a covert pre-paid phone, but I've found that's just too dangerous of a way to go about it, and carrying around two phones just isn't practical. It would only be a matter of time before my wife discovered it.

I'd appreciate words of experience. Advice?
Glad you asked your question here Redplainjs as they are super helpful here.
good luck sweetie
http://ipod.about.com/od/phonefeatur...s-messages.htm

you can request to ATT not to show your texting on your billing. ATT keeps everything......
use a second phone. no matter what app you may find for secret texting, there's another app for reading them.
Google Voice might be what you are looking for.
there is an app called "text now" and you can have a new number text call and call forwarding... i use it myself and nothing shows up on your bill its a little better than googlevoice and its free as well ... good luck hun and hope that helps a little
I like google voice. When done doing your hobby business go in and logoff of google voice and or turn off notifications for it.
Google voice also has a "do not disturb feature", which stops forwarding of calls and emails
Google voice also does not require a resident app on your phone. Simply use your phone's browser to access the GV mobile web app at www.google.com/voice and it will automaticly present you with a trimmed down mobile device webpage. Logout, clear your browser history, and your phone is clean for anyone else to use. Expecting a call via your GV number? Go into settings, select forward to your cell, and then texts and calls will forward to your cell, but they will come from a Google Voice trunk line, not the actual originating phone number.

NOTE: If you install the GV app on your phone, do not let it upload your existing contacts. Keep your real world contacts on your phone ONLY. Keep your hobby contacts in your GV account ONLY. If you have a Google or GMail account already for the real world, DO NOT CREATE YOUR Voice account from there. Create a new Google Account for the hobby GV number.
so, for outgoing texts, it sounds like https://www.textnow.com/ and GoogleVoice will work in that they dont leave any tracks behind. [looks like textNow only has apps for Ipad/phone/pod :^[

"Expecting a call via your GV number? Go into settings, select forward to your cell, and then texts and calls will forward to your cell, but they will come from a Google Voice trunk line"
since those calls/texts are coming from a GV line, i would think there'd still be tracks left behind. one may still have to explain away why those calls/texts are coming in, esp. if several in a day and several w/in minutes of each other.