Jack will love this...

I wouldn't live in any of these godforsaken cities except maybe Denver.

The complete list of cities is as follows:
1. Pittsburgh, Pa.
2. Buffalo, N.Y.
3. Omaha, NE/Council Bluffs, Iowa
4. Fort Worth-Arlington, Texas
5. Austin-Round Rock, Texas
6. Des Moines-West Des Moines, Iowa
7. Madison, Wis.
8. Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minn.
9. Denver-Aurora, Colo.
10. Indianapolis-Carmel, Ind.
I've lived in Denver, world's biggest cow town, not great.
Austin would be OK, if the rest of the state hates it, it must be doing something right.
Madison is a nice college town, lots of herbal PT, but way too cold in the winter.
I think Andrea Davis hangs around in BOTH of these cities:
7. Madison, Wis.
Not sure they would have made the list if not for her!!!
Interesting survey.

All that means is that, if you sell your tiny "handyman's special" bungalow in Southern California and move to Buffalo, you can buy a mansion. It also means that, if you are already in Buffalo, you might not have enough real estate assets to relocate to many other places that are not on that list.
Even Bon Jovi said F Buffalo. Dude wants to buy an NFL team in the worst way.... just not in Buffalo. lol. Stupid upper deck fallers!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/P...rts%3Aansfox11
I think Andrea Davis hangs around in BOTH of these cities:
7. Madison, Wis.
Not sure they would have made the list if not for her!!! Originally Posted by Paulwantsya
Don't forget the possibility of SAB and Chloe returning to Des Moines.
I kind of lived in Pittsburgh, i had a place there that i spent a week and a half at a month. Nice place with secure off start parking. can't beat cheap rent and the great night life, i really liked it. It was cheaper to pay rent, electric, and gas than to pay for hotels plus the ikea does crazy fast delivery and i found a college kid on craigslist to put it all together for a case of beer and a pizza. when i moved out i didn't want to haul anything so i put the bed for sale on craigslist and called the same college kid to see if him and his pals wanted my ikea shit. It took a few hours to have a place and a few hours to have it cleared out no bs nice and easy.
If there was a perfect place on this earth, everybody would be there, and then you'd have gridlock.
Interesting survey.

All that means is that, if you sell your tiny "handyman's special" bungalow in Southern California and move to Buffalo, you can buy a mansion. It also means that, if you are already in Buffalo, you might not have enough real estate assets to relocate to many other places that are not on that list. Originally Posted by jackfengshui
I met a couple that did this a few years ago. They didn't have any ties here, but did some research and figured out they could sell there place in LA and use whatever equity they had in to buy a nice victorian in the elmwood area. I meet a lot of out of towners and ex-Buffalonians and they all like or love it here. It will never compare to NYC or Toronto, But the fact that it is compared to those cities at all, I take as a compliment. I think Rochester is great as well, but you don't often hear about it being compared to bigger cities.
An executive with a major company in a big city was transferred to Buffalo. When he broke the news to his wife, she cried.

Several years later, the executive was transferred out of Buffalo. When he broke the news to his wife, she cried again.
If there was a perfect place on this earth, everybody would be there, and then you'd have gridlock. Originally Posted by BfloEd
Sounds like L.A.

• Tiger
  • 11-26-2013, 08:31 PM
Thanks Jokacz for making me look up other Randy Newman songs