worldwarz..

anyone see that? what did you think?
pretty good movie
Worth a rental for sure. Some loved it, some were eh, I enjoyed it just for a movie.... don't pick it apart and its fun enough. Then again, I loved Pacific Rim

And a new Godzilla comes out in May! I'll be at IMAX lol

Plus the next Hobbit movie is out this weekend and early reviews are good.... so many movies, so little time!
Loved it!!! I went into it thinking it would be stupid, however, it really surprised me.
Not to side track but Pacific rim was awesome in 3 d!
  • MC
  • 12-13-2013, 02:16 PM
And a new Godzilla comes out in May! I'll be at IMAX lol Originally Posted by gaijin1969
I've been a fan of Godzilla ever since I was 7 so I can't wait for the new film.

The trailer looks pretty awesome.

I've been a fan of Godzilla ever since I was 7 so I can't wait for the new film.

The trailer looks pretty awesome.

Originally Posted by MC
Sooooo can't wait for it! Trailer does look great and "more realistic" lol back to basics with Godzilla (unlike Hollywood reboot a few years back that made him look... different) trailer is gritty, shows people doing more than just screaming and running away from a guy in a rubber suit stomping on models of toy trains....

Not that there is anything wrong with that lol I own many of the original films too ;-)

Ah back on track - WWZ (sorry for highjacking!) I liked the new take on quick moving zombies engulfing everything in their path. Very cool and great effects. I thought the end was a bit contrived but who cares? Leaves it open for a sequel lol

Great effects!

And gotta get Pacific Rim on 3D Bluray still.... in case Santa is listening
Grrrr damn "smart" phones..... tried to just edit/delete a double post and then it was too short so had to write something? Lol
  • MC
  • 12-13-2013, 02:40 PM
Sooooo can't wait for it! Trailer does look great and "more realistic" lol back to basics with Godzilla (unlike Hollywood reboot a few years back that made him look... different) trailer is gritty, shows people doing more than just screaming and running away from a guy in a rubber suit stomping on models of toy trains....

Not that there is anything wrong with that lol I own many of the original films too ;-)

Ah back on track - WWZ (sorry for highjacking!) I liked the new take on quick moving zombies engulfing everything in their path. Very cool and great effects. I thought the end was a bit contrived but who cares? Leaves it open for a sequel lol

Great effects!

And gotta get Pacific Rim on 3D Bluray still.... in case Santa is listening Originally Posted by gaijin1969
Did you ever see Godzilla Final Wars? It's silly as hell but has a great scene where the Japanese Godzilla completely annihilates the American Godzilla from the 1998 film.

As for World War Z, I haven't gotten the chance to watch it yet, although I loved the original book. The author Max Brooks is actually Mel Brooks' son, which is pretty cool.

As for World War Z, I haven't gotten the chance to watch it yet, although I loved the original book. The author Max Brooks is actually Mel Brooks' son, which is pretty cool. Originally Posted by MC
I have Final Wars lol I love the cheesy Japanese originals! They upgrade so many of the effects but leave some untouched lol awesome campy fun!

I didn't know that about Brooks kid! No kidding! I love so many Brooks films hahahaha!

Excuse me while I whip this out....
Aaaaaaagh!

Hahahaha!

Sorry couldn't resist
  • MC
  • 12-13-2013, 03:19 PM
I have Final Wars lol I love the cheesy Japanese originals! They upgrade so many of the effects but leave some untouched lol awesome campy fun!

I didn't know that about Brooks kid! No kidding! I love so many Brooks films hahahaha!

Excuse me while I whip this out....
Aaaaaaagh!

Hahahaha!

Sorry couldn't resist Originally Posted by gaijin1969
I showed Final Wars to a younger relative of mine recently and he loved it. Definitely a fun film.

I'm a big fan of Mel Brooks' films, especially Spaceballs and The Producers. Gene Wilder is hilarious in that one, especially when he starts ranting about his blue blanket.
WorldWarZ ...

It was a decent movie! Saw it on a whim and enjoyed it!

DD
My gawd this board is almost prophetic!
Blazing Saddles on TV hahaha (IFC) thank god unedited but with commercials. Could grab the DVD but what fun is that?

The Producers.... time to watch that again too

Oh eeerm yes, World War Z.... yes watch it
ooooo def a fan of the godzilla movies..watched them all when i was a kid..
growing up with brothers there was no way around it..lol..

i am watching wwz for the 2nd time..i kinda enjoyed it the first time and
i get my brad pitt fix at the same time..yummy...
If you haven't read the book, it is a good movie, as I read the book first, it seemed limited in story.
It can be hell watching movies of books you've read!