I'm not crazy. I know I'm right, right?

Every year when the temp drops this crosses my mind, but then the left side & the right side of my brain start to fight, I never figure out the answer, the winter season comes to an end, & I am left wondering ... am I crazy?

Sooooo, my car runs better during the colder months, doesn't it?

I swear that puppy is much peppier & I notice it the most when I am driving very hard & very fast.

I'm thinking that the lower temps improve conditions & allow my engine to preform better ... HOWEVER ... this is where the left & right side of my brain start arguing ... because if that was indeed the case .... wouldn't NHRA & NASCAR, & really all racing in general, take place in the colder months instead of the warmer months?

I'm really confused ... so who can alleviate my upcoming winter of confusion & break this down for me?
Have you been tested for crazy? What were the results?
Have you been tested for crazy? What were the results? Originally Posted by pyramider

That's why I left a special picture for you .... rrrriiiiiiggggghhhhhttttttt here

https://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p...56&postcount=5

I'm really confused ... so who can alleviate my upcoming winter of confusion & break this down for me? Originally Posted by Brooke Wilde
I can but I'd rather explain it in person.

I'm tired of explaining this stuff here then you ghosting me.
For every 11°F change in air temperature changes air density by 1%.The ecu expects coolant to be 174°F-194°F. Above that it assumes summer conditions and begins to decrease ignition advance by 1 degree per 5°F to reduce possibility of spark knock.

Not unusal to see a cumlative loss of 5>10% from all factors whenever the outside air temp goes above 80°F.
You are not crazy. I was thinking the same thing and looked into it a while back.

https://www.quora.com/Why-does-my-ca...ther-is-colder

This makes sense.
  • pxmcc
  • 12-11-2017, 03:52 AM
It's a fact for F-16s. Cold air is denser, so offers more bang for the buck; more stuff to push off against..

that does nothing to prove that you're not crazy, unfortunately..
You're not crazy. Wait until you get a supercharger, and then you will really notice the difference.
Cold dense air creates more power. This is why they use inter-coolers on turbos or move the intakes away from the engine compartment.

Now the crazy part is undeniable. All women are at least a 4 crazy. At the very least.
An engine is basically an air pump. The more air in the more air out
Does this work better on small cars or big ones..........Does this turn your V6 into a V8. and if it does turn it into a V8 hows the gas mileage??
I love the cold air for my motorcycle. It makes her sound louder and the exhaust has more of a pop to it.
Cold air is more dense than 100 degree air, so you get more air in the cylinder per stroke. Plus you dont use A/C.
You cannot make a V6 into a V8 without adding two cylinders.
You can make a V6 perform like a V8 but do the same thing to a V8 and it will outperform the V6.

There is no replacement for HORSEPOWER but you can better utilize what horsepower you have by reducing weight and getting a cold air intake. This is why a lighter car with less horsepower can beat a heavier car with more horsepower.

The optimization of the engine is called volumetric efficiency.