Omaha recommendations

Hey guys, I will be visiting Omaha for the first time next week. staff edit-S31 Any good Italian restaurants in the around? Thanks
Honestly, unless you want a fast food chain like Fazoli's most places are take-out only and don't have dine-in

Otherwise, here are some options:

(take out only) Lo Sole Mio Ristorante at 3001 S 32nd Ave, Omaha, NE 68105
(take out only) Malara's Italian Restaurant at 2123 Pierce St, Omaha, NE 68108
(dine in & take out) Spezia Omaha at 3125 S 72nd St, Omaha, NE 68124
(take out only) Pasta Amore at 11027 Prairie Brook Rd, Omaha, NE 68144
(take out only) Mangia Italiana at 6516 Irvington Rd, Omaha, NE 68122
(take out only) Orsi's Italian Bakery & Pizzeria at 621 Pacific St, Omaha, NE 68108
(take out only) Roma Italian Restaurant at 605 Fort Crook Rd N, Bellevue, NE 68005
(take out only) Luigi's Italian Restaurant at 101 W Mission Ave, Bellevue, NE 68005
Jimmy D's in Aksarben is also very good.
I 2nd Spezia and Pasta Amore
Spezia on south 72nd, very good Italiano imho, and close to hotels near I80/72nd.
  • IQ160
  • 06-10-2020, 09:25 AM
All the best Italan restaurants are gone now. Malara’s and Lo Sole Mio are the best of the traditional Italian restaurants that were a part of Little Italy just south of the Old Market. Orsi’s is still in that area, but they only have sandwiches and pizza left on their menu. There is also Bravo! in Village Pointe on 171st and Dodge in far west Omaha also.
Bravo closed for good
No on Fazoli’s...lol. I was thinking more on the authentic side. The reviews on Malara’s are good.
Honestly, unless you want a fast food chain like Fazoli's most places are take-out only and don't have dine-in

Otherwise, here are some options:

(take out only) Lo Sole Mio Ristorante at 3001 S 32nd Ave, Omaha, NE 68105
(take out only) Malara's Italian Restaurant at 2123 Pierce St, Omaha, NE 68108
(dine in & take out) Spezia Omaha at 3125 S 72nd St, Omaha, NE 68124
(take out only) Pasta Amore at 11027 Prairie Brook Rd, Omaha, NE 68144
(take out only) Mangia Italiana at 6516 Irvington Rd, Omaha, NE 68122
(take out only) Orsi's Italian Bakery & Pizzeria at 621 Pacific St, Omaha, NE 68108
(take out only) Roma Italian Restaurant at 605 Fort Crook Rd N, Bellevue, NE 68005
(take out only) Luigi's Italian Restaurant at 101 W Mission Ave, Bellevue, NE 68005 Originally Posted by OmahaUser
Have you tried Jimmy D’s??
Jimmy D's in Aksarben is also very good.
I 2nd Spezia and Pasta Amore Originally Posted by mutoa66
Yes. I have been there a couple of times. I like it a lot. I have been to Spezia and Pasta Amore too. Spezia is a little more upscale than Jimmy D's and Pasta Amore, so it is more expensive. Those 3 are my favorites in Omaha. I am originally from New York, so I know good Italian food.
Dante is also good for pizza. They have some Italian dishes on the menu that are very good.
When will you be arriving?
Malara’s is the best in my opinion. Homemade spaghetti is amazing.
Do you actually think she needs dining advice or does she want to advertise her arrival. lol
@Buraklini, as this continues to bump her thread, I am not sure that she minds. I appreciate the discussion of Italian restaurants in Omaha!
Kayden check out Newman's Pasta Cafe....OMG! Sooo good! It is off 171st and Center if I am not mistaken. I just found out about this spot a couple of visits ago and every time I am in town I have to go. lol

I am glad she made this thread, sounds like I got some more places to go check out next month!