Snow Skiing Anyone?

I am totally "jonesing" to go snow skiing. Anyone else feeling the need to "get the hell out of Dodge?"

The Taos Ski Valley is SCREAMING my name!!

http://www.skitaos.org/contents/view/webcams
Yeah I'm eager to get into it too, but I'm getting paid to go spend a couple of months in the heart of deep snow country, so I'm about to get my fix!! 40-55" bases EVERYWHERE...
I would love to be paid to spend some time in the heart of snow country!!! lol
Aidan, hun, I just got back from spending an absolutely amazing time skiing in Colo./Utah. I'd luv to go again but I've neglected things here at the office for a little over a week so unfortunately, I have to play catch-up. {Uggh!}

But, if/when you do go, have fun and throw a snowball for me.

Regards, SKF
Consider yourself snow blown... I can't believe you went without me!

Ladies, Gentlemen any thoughts on a group trip of like minded individuals?
If you twist my arm, I might be talked into it.
Be careful what you wish for, I may twist more than your arm!!!
  • Eliza
  • 01-09-2010, 08:57 PM
I love skiing!! The feeling while coming down the slope is amazing. Well, bunny slope for me, but I'm slowly becoming better.

I must say this though: it is a bitch to try to stand up after falling down while wearing skis. I've never been in such awkward positions. Plus, there's always that fear of the skier stuck in his/her own bubble of bliss crashing into you. . . not that such a thing happened to me.

Aidan - TSV looks like so much fun! I hope you make your way over there!
Aidan can be very persuasive! I don't think she's been told "no" much. lol. Be careful if you look into her eyes to long you'll fall under her spell.

PoppyToyota
I have actually never been skiing or snowboarding. I've wanted to try it for a while now but just never had the opportunity. Someday perhaps!
I have actually never been skiing or snowboarding. I've wanted to try it for a while now but just never had the opportunity. Someday perhaps! Originally Posted by Claudia Mara
Is this where someone inserts a cheesy joke about ski poles?
I love skiing!! Actually have a ski week planned for Vail Feb 27th - Mar 6th. I advertise on Eros/Cityvibe and the trip usually pays for itself and then some. Although I've purchased airfare already, I haven't booked any accommodations yet. For some reason I seem to get spur of the moment deals a few weeks before so I usually wait. I've been known to call the Condo's directly and there's always some kind last minute of cancellation buyout for half price.

I'm open to meeting anyone interested in scheduling a tour if this timeframe works for them. Just email me.

Aidan, why didn't you tell me you wanted to tag along? I just returned from Taos!

Damn, another missed opportunity!
I am going in March to Steamboat Springs. I can't wait!
Anyone go to the the Winter Carnival in Steamboat Springs? It's a must do. I've bailed more than a few times being towed by the ponies when I was younger.