Making the "hobby" a legal hobby . . . consequences?

I stole this idea from the National Forum, so I hope I'm not violating "thread" rules or otherwise being a "fucktard" for my lack of originality or the somewhat redundant thread.

Consequences . . . .

An initial price increase due to mandatory testing, licensing fees, legal fees, etc. Higher taxes. The IRS might also pay a visit to providers that they believe might have an undeclared, unfulfilled prior tax obligation.

Prices might go down after some time as the social stigma decreases and more women enter . . . maybe. I guess strippers are still judged harshly, but attitudes do change. Prices would be dictated by supply and demand and government meddling of course.

Would the government regulate to the point that all unprotected activities (daty/bbbj for example) would be illegal. A type of black market might open up for these things. You would have the "oral sex" section of the Health department investigating women for violations. More of my tax dollars being sucked up and wasted.

What about providers that have age and race restrictions. Could they be sued for discrimination? Could they be sued for advertising GFE when the encounter really was GFE lite? Sued for false advertising . . . old photos, inaccurate age, false claims . . . "I give the BEST (insert whatever turns you on) in San Antonio" Can YMMV be used as a defense? Or would the judge (yeah, the guy that didn't get much mileage from provider X the night before) throw that defense out?

The USA is lawsuit happy and oversupplied with willing lawyers. You know someone would test the waters. I can see the ACLU jumping in to assist someone with a claim of racial discrimination. Could the guys be sued for libel after writing a poor review?

I see one definite positive from my perspective. Providers in Mexico could possibly obtain a EB-2 Visa for persons with “a degree of expertise significantly above that ordinarily encountered in the sciences, arts, or business." I know of two in Mexico that meet this standard. They could put San Antonio on their tour schedule and I could get the FE.

So, is legalization the best solution? The sneakiness (for lack of a better word) of the whole "hobby" world is part of the fun, for me at least. The biggest winners would seem to be lawyers and tax collectors.

Sorry, I know it's kinda long. Second cup of coffee kicking in . . . . besides, you really can't be shocked at this point.
To me, the best barometer to go by would be examples of other vices that have been legalized. Specifically,,the plant which will not be named.
Take a look at what is going on in Colorado. ( I haven't , just mentioning that would be a good place to start) . Examine to social climate towards it, the governments regulation , did the higher taxes and oversight create a black market? What did an open market do to pricing.
There is going to be a greater stigma to sexual vice regardless, that just happens to be the nature of our particular society.
The other thing to remember is that the transparancy required for this kind of above the board situation would be a two way street. Providers would be required to have all sorts of info available for the government. I would think that would suit with mongers as well. So all the confidentiality and discretion we seek and enjoy ( i'm not paying for the sex, I'm paying so she doesnt know my name, ) is a thing of the past. I am sure there would be some kind of situation you would need ID for. Some ladies might.only examine it, but I can certainly see some independant contractors and houses of repute would record that info in case of any incongruous behavior.
I agree with you that part of the fun is the risk and the idea of doing something " dirty" . But I think i could get past that if instead of an arrest record AND a the end of a long term S.O. I would just have to worry about the rlationship part.
Great topic my friend..keep your powder dry and your pecker wet......or was it pecker dry and powder clean? I dont know...its too early
  • Mokoa
  • 04-10-2016, 03:32 PM
It is already legal in Nevada, or some parts of it.

Why don't you look there?
It is already legal in Nevada, or some parts of it.

Why don't you look there? Originally Posted by Mokoa
So are craps and blackjack . . . I would be distracted. Think Franky "Four Fingers" . . . no luck with the dice or shoes with 4+ decks of cards.
The P is not a federal crime, so obviously, any legalization would be at the state level.

In Texas, the Lege already severely regulates the female body via anti-abortion laws and attempts even more of the same.

As for decriminalizing the P -- it will either happen at the Supreme Court or never in Texas or any other Bible belt state.
The P is not a federal crime, so obviously, any legalization would be at the state level.

In Texas, the Lege already severely regulates the female body via anti-abortion laws and attempts even more of the same.

As for decriminalizing the P -- it will either happen at the Supreme Court or never in Texas or any other Bible belt state. Originally Posted by ck1942
If a state like Texas would ever legalize the P is a topic for another thread. Of course, I would argue that it could happen . . . "progressive" anti-business legislatures (California) are forcing economic conservatives, but socially liberal people to move to states like Texas. Bringing a different set of values with them. Austin is full of them. Granted, it may take another century to make 'progress.' Someday though. What are the consequences if/when it happens?
Op, your original post sounds like you would rather have women marginalized from a pure financial gain standpoint.
Op, your original post sounds like you would rather have women marginalized from a pure financial gain standpoint. Originally Posted by Camille Fox
Camille, I don't want anyone marginalized. Just tried to list all the consequences I could think of in about 15 minutes. Don't have a preference for one outcome or another . . . well, except for the issuance of EB-2 visas for providers from Mexico. Some like the GFE, others PSE. I miss the FE.
There are vast differences between legalization, regulation and nationalization.
There are vast differences between legalization, regulation and nationalization. Originally Posted by tx2for3

Not trying to re-write the "Scarlet Letter" story, but to answer the OP's question about "Consequences," imo not a very pretty picture

-- more ladies might have to pay more taxes

-- more ladies; kids might be shunned in schools and in churches once mama's job description gets out there

-- more cities (states?) would definitely zone, rezone and attempt to push the biz into "sexually oriented" areas

-- more ladies (guys, too!) would be forced to self-identify within their "operation" site, thus making them targets for thugs, stalkers, taxing authorities and cops, etc.

-- more guys might also be targeted if activities are confined into "sexually oriented" business zones

-- definitely cities would attempt "licensing, medical inspection and taxation regulation and I see cities also trying to license johns, as well and most of those licensing lists would be publicly accessible.

OP - that enough consequences to make a conversation?
Why not look at the countries that have legalized it, like Germany?