Franklins

Is the line really as long as they say? I want to try the BBQ but I am not waiting 5 hours!
  • quzi
  • 10-24-2015, 08:17 AM
Doors open at 11am.

If you're not in line by 8am, expect about a 4 hour wait in line. Someone will tell you if they'll run out of meat if you're too far back in line so you don't have to bother waiting. Closer to 11am.

Usually sold out by mid afternoon.
Closed Mondays.
Is the line really as long as they say? I want to try the BBQ but I am not waiting 5 hours! Originally Posted by MindanaoM
its fuking BBQ, Franklins is no better than Southside, Meyers or Blacks...

NO BBQ is worth wating more than 30 minutes in line for. I have eaten BBQ from Georgia to Cali.. and my buddies dad to this day makes the best ribs I have ever eaten!
its fuking BBQ, Franklins is no better than Southside, Meyers or Blacks...

NO BBQ is worth wating more than 30 minutes in line for. I have eaten BBQ from Georgia to Cali.. and my buddies dad to this day makes the best ribs I have ever eaten! Originally Posted by RALPHEY BOY
This! You've gotta' be out of your fuckin' mind to wait in the trendy, gotta' have', Franklin's bbq line. No way in hell. I would also venture to say that there's probably a good lot of us on here that can bring a damn good backyard brisket to the table on our own accord as well!!!!! Too many other reeeeeeally good choices out there than to wait in line for that period of time.
I appreciate the responses but damn fellas it's just a question, I'm not from here!
I appreciate the responses but damn fellas it's just a question, I'm not from here! Originally Posted by MindanaoM
Sadly, that's what Austin's becoming - lots of folks 'not from here'.
It's a fucking hipster paradise. I've done it twice... never again. If I want really good BBQ I do Stiles Switch, if I really have to wait in line I'll stand for some Mueller's Meat Company.
I thought this was a thread about currency

But now that I'm here, I may as well tell you, you can hire someone to wait in the Franklin's line for you. I know a guy.
Recently Franklin made some changes in the line waiter situation. Not sure what the final result is. F's BBQ is tops, but imo LaBBQ runs a damn good second and the line is not as long and they are also serving dinner hours as well.
Hard to fuck up BBQ, but not going to wait in line and no you can't have a line sitter anymore at Frank's!

IB
Well I didn't get in line until 1105, got out of there at 1, and I'm not impressed.
Well I didn't get in line until 1105, got out of there at 1, and I'm not impressed. Originally Posted by MindanaoM
Well now you know.

IB
Manns on 183 is very good and no line
Hard to fuck up BBQ, Originally Posted by Iron Butterfly
Obviously, you haven't eaten at a lot of the BBQ places in Austin. A lot of them have figured out how to fuck up BBQ. Even the places that are usually reasonably good manage to figure out how to fuck it up from time to time.

What pisses me off the most is when they have too fat brisket and/or don't trim it right. I know some people like fatty brisket, but I've been served some that was so fatty you could see through it. It was like a sheet of wax with flecks of meat in it. When I took it back, the night manager had the audacity to ask if I had asked for lean. "Geez, bitch, I asked for meat, not lard."

Then there are the ones who go crazy with their seasoning and you can't taste the meat, or get it too hot and it's like eating peppers.

What really pisses me off is when the good places get popular and get surly and pricey. This is usually followed by the food going downhill. Once the downward spiral starts, they never seem to figure it out and clean up their act.
Your right, I like Rudys when I'm on the go, Opies when I'm down 71, and Lamberts when I'm downtown, but can't stand the salt lick, it's a dump. Otherwise I have had good BBQ at stubs and a few other places, not as jaded as some, give me some time.

IB