tx SB94 Will it make sites like ECCIE illegal

http://www.legis.state.tx.us/tlodocs...pdf#navpanes=0

How is this bill going to affect ECCIE since its supposed to be designed to shut it down???
Goes into effect 9/1/13
  • katee
  • 08-18-2013, 02:10 PM
I'm curious also!
I think they want to shut down the sites like BP, Houston Eros etc.. but the loop hole is this is STATE legislature which can only affect sites hosted on servers physically located in Texas. All it will take is for the ladies to move their sites to other states or even out of the USA. Don't know how much $$$ that means to Texas but State laws only affect that STATE.

if BP is not hosted in the USA but the ladies put ads up saying they are in Texas and the varying cities, the law is in a gray area.. they can say they are advertising prostitution services in Texas, but the SITE is not hosted in Texas therefore it becomes a legal balancing act. The hosting company has to determine if the sites they host violate their own AUP/TOS's plus what ever laws that can be applied from whatever state/country the hosting company is in.

If it is ok with the hosting company and the local laws of the area the hosting company is in, Texas may not be able to stop the ads
I think they want to shut down the sites like BP, Houston Eros etc.. but the loop hole is this is STATE legislature which can only affect sites hosted on servers physically located in Texas. All it will take is for the ladies to move their sites to other states or even out of the USA. Don't know how much $$$ that means to Texas but State laws only affect that STATE.

if BP is not hosted in the USA but the ladies put ads up saying they are in Texas and the varying cities, the law is in a gray area.. they can say they are advertising prostitution services in Texas, but the SITE is not hosted in Texas therefore it becomes a legal balancing act. The hosting company has to determine if the sites they host violate their own AUP/TOS's plus what ever laws that can be applied from whatever state/country the hosting company is in.

If it is ok with the hosting company and the local laws of the area the hosting company is in, Texas may not be able to stop the ads Originally Posted by Mr. GPop
If the provider has "reviews" what she will do and for what price, that is IT.
If she has a website...that is pandering too.
I am amazed that not more people including Hobby guys are not more aware of this.
According to the new law SB94...hobby guys are going to get hit too.
Other states have statutes worse than SB94.
If the provider has "reviews" what she will do and for what price, that is IT.
If she has a website...that is pandering too.
I am amazed that not more people including Hobby guys are not more aware of this.
According to the new law SB94...hobby guys are going to get hit too.
Other states have statutes worse than SB94. Originally Posted by *GoddessDallas*
you are correct that the reviews will show pandering etc.. but the law is aimed at shutting down the site. I have worked in the web hosting business and Texas laws won't apply to a site in Florida... or even better.. one that is not in the USA.
State laws do not trump Federal law. Per the U.S. Constitution and the U.S. Supreme Court.

That said, it takes a lot of financial resources and personal (identity) gumption to fight a district attorney or a state attorney general.

Sites hosted offshore are virtually immune from state and federal laws (excluding, of course, underage stuff, money laundering, terrorism and the like).

No doubt in my mind that BackPage (Village Voice) has the resources to fight these types of laws.

And, the First Amendment trumps virtually everything, imo.
relating to civil liability for compelled prostitution

I believe this is more targeted towards pimps and madams who force girls, particularly young ones, to become prostitutes. I just moved from Houston and it, San Antonio, Dallas and Austin have a big problem with people who bring in girls from Latin and South America under the guise of helping them into the country but then force them to be prostitutes to pay back their "debt" for bringing them in. The Hispanics have bars with "dance parlor girls" who earn their keep by coercing bar customers to buy them and their own drinks. The patrons can pay for time with the girls and they go to a corner where they both stand and the patron gropes and grinds on the young girls. Too many of the girls are underage.
Similar problem with Asian girls brought in country but they mostly end up in massage parlors where the massages include sex acts. They basically become sex slaves and can't get out of it.
No. In essence this gives a victim of forced prostitution the ability to add insult to injury to her enslaver by suing the fuck out of him after she has him put in prison. I rather like the law myself.

But it means literally nothing to the average site owner, hobbyist or provider.
No. In essence this gives a victim of forced prostitution the ability to add insult to injury to her enslaver by suing the fuck out of him after she has him put in prison. I rather like the law myself.
But it means literally nothing to the average site owner, hobbyist or provider. Originally Posted by cyborg
I'm not so sure about that cyborg.
Most enslavers / pimps don't have a pot to piss in other than a pimpmobile and bling, and I'm pretty sure they don't report their income from all dem ho's so it would be tough as hell to garnish their wages after they get out of the penitentiary and get mo ho's.
I just don't see the advantage of suing them
Most enslavers / pimps don't have a pot to piss in other than a pimpmobile and bling, and I'm pretty sure they don't report their income from all dem ho's so it would be tough as hell to garnish their wages after they get out of the penitentiary and get mo ho's.
I just don't see the advantage of suing them Originally Posted by datylikes
it makes the lawyers who defend them a lot of our taxpayer money, that's why you big dummy!

But it means literally nothing to the average site owner, hobbyist or provider. Originally Posted by cyborg
I just don't see the advantage of suing them Originally Posted by datylikes
it makes the lawyers who defend them a lot of our taxpayer money, that's why you big dummy! Originally Posted by cycleguy
I was referring to cyborg's statement in red above ^^^^^^^^^^^ that I quoted in my original post
Mister Gentleman ECCIElonian, Shyster Jon opinion on the matter would be more than greatly appreciated. All in favor say Aye! AYE!!!!!

Ohhhhh Jon, where art tho?

Love & Light, Mary Magdalene